Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organize Blue Ridge S2KCA Chapter?

Hi all~

There's a poll attached to this post so please respond if appropriate.

I'm gauging the level of interest in forming an S2KCA chapter for western NC, eastern TN and western VA, composed of members that are close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Parkway is such an incredible place and draws all kinds of motoring enthusiasts - of the 2 wheel and 4 wheel, motorized and non-motorized variety. It just seems natural that the Blue Ridge Parkway should have its own S2KCA chapter which could organize some really nice drives on the Parkway itself. Plus western NC has some of the best twisty/curvy roads anywhere, suitable and challenging enough for the S2. Please post up if you're interested and I'll add your name below.

Interested members (We need 5 to make a chapter)
    Ant's2K (Hendersonville, NC)
    acdavis82 (Concord, NC)
    doc0943 (Tryon, NC)
    IFLY1956 (Greensville, SC)
    jeff_zajac (eastern TN)
    bwturner1951 (Lewisville, NC)
    Definitely interested.
    50.00%
    Lukewarm interest.
    0.00%
    Not interested at all.
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by bwturner1951; 06-04-2010, 10:07 AM. Reason: Add members and other stuff

Welcome to S2KCA

There is a West Virginia chapter already, as well as a Carolina chapter...

I have no idea where Lewisville is, but I'm sure others do

take your shoes off, throw your hat over there, and relax and enjoy the forums
    '00 Civic Si supercharged (stolen)
    '95 Civic hb turbocharged (sold)
    '03 Acura CL-S supercharged (sold
    )
    '06 S2000 NA (returned)
    '11 E92 turbo (returned
    )
    '14 F10

Become an S2KCA Member, the only NON-PROFIT S2000 Car Club

Comment

The Carolinas Chapter is inactive. The Central Carolinas Chapter obviously doesn't go that far west. I'd say go for it!

Dave

Comment

Welcome to S2KCA.

We started Central North Carolina to make the area more manageable for everyone to participate. As you know NC is LONG so not many people from the mountains are going to drive here for meets and activities and visa versa.

Like Dave said go for it. If you need any help shot me a PM. As we like to say around here the more the merrier.

Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the response. See additional msgs below re: other Carolina chapters.

The northern terminus of the BRP is around Charlottesville, VA so doesn't cover WVA and the southern terminus is near Cherokee, NC. Lewisville, my hometown, is about 10 miles west of Winston-Salem, NC on US 421, clearly within 75 miles of the BRP. :LOL:

According to a Central Carolina Chapter sticky, they go as far west as Greensboro, NC so this proposed chapter would cover parts of NC west of Greensboro.

Comment

Here is some help for ya!

5 members is all ya need

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=6062

Comment

Thanks smac2k! I scanned that sticky yesterday to see what was required and thought it wasn't too big an obstacle. I've had 5 replies so far, no of which have said they would become members though. Time is on my side so I'll just chill for the next couple of weeks and see how many affirmative responses I get.

Cheers!

Wayne

Comment

Hey Wayne,

I'm the Chapter Director for VA/WV and I think it's great that you are trying to drum up some interest in your area. I've not seen many people from the south-western part of VA and it would be really nice to see something develop in that area. Let me know if you need any help and I'll do what I can to help you get it started.

Justin
                A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Don't get discouraged! When Lee and I were working to form the Carolinas Chapter, we had two whole states to work with and it still took a good 3-4 months to get five committed members, and one of them was my +1, Karen, who is a member by virtue of me being a lifer.

As others have said, I'll help any way I can. Just hang in there, and be persistent - it'll happen.

Dave

Comment

Welcome Wayne. I"m the Southeastern Regional director and want to welcome you to the wonderful world of S2kCA. Once you get the required 5 members, shoot me a PM with names and screen names and I'll submit it to the Board of Directors to make it official. I'm overly familiar with the area you're in and can help you with drive planning and meets. Let me know when you're ready to go.

Ken
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Wayne,

You can always send me a PM and we can talk on the phone when you have questions.

Justin
                      A VA/WV Founding Member

Comment

Thanks again for all the encouragement and offers for assistance from everyone. I'm sure I'll need all the assistance I can muster if this works out.

I made a couple of edits to the original post to include eastern TN as part of the proposed chapter area (apologies to my eastern TN friends) and to point out that there's a poll attached to the post.

Sage advice Dave. I'm not in any hurry so maybe by the end of the summer we can get the required 5 members and have Ken make it official.

My wife and I drove the S2 on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend from Boone to Linville Falls and had a little roadside picnic. We saw two other S2s while up there but were greatly outnumberd by Harleys.

Wayne

Comment

Just picked up another potential member from Hendersonville, NC for a new chapter. We need three more!

Comment

Originally posted by bwturner1951 View Post
                            Just picked up another potential member from Hendersonville, NC for a new chapter. We need three more!
                            Keep up the good work, Wayne, you're doing it the right way. If there's anything we can do to help out, just let us know.
                            Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

BUMP!

Comment

Wayne,

Great minds think alike. I saw this thread and thought about you wanting to start a chapter.

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=33679

Seems like this would be a good start.

Kevin

Comment

Now that's funny. I just finished posting a reply in that thread!

I'm just glad my mind is working again. Well, at least I think so.

Originally posted by mlc View Post
                                  Wayne,

Great minds think alike. I saw this thread and thought about you wanting to start a chapter.

https://www.s2kca.com/S2000/showthread.php?t=33679

Seems like this would be a good start.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by parkerdt View Post
                                    The Carolinas Chapter is inactive. The Central Carolinas Chapter obviously doesn't go that far west. I'd say go for it!

Dave
                                    The Carolinas Chapter is inactive? I didn't know that. I would like to see something formed for people on the Western side of the state and the surrounding areas. There doesn't seem to be much activity in these parts but maybe that is due to the number of members in this area?

Comment

Originally posted by acdavis82 View Post
                                      The Carolinas Chapter is inactive? I didn't know that. I would like to see something formed for people on the Western side of the state and the surrounding areas. There doesn't seem to be much activity in these parts but maybe that is due to the number of members in this area?
                                      So far you're doing a good job of drumming up interest. Get together with Wayne and I have a feeling you'll have the 5 members you need in about 2 more weeks. You guys are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Comment

I like the sound of a Blue Ridge Chapter or maybe an Appalachian Chapter?

Comment

Working...
                                        X