Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New owner. New user. Trying to resurrect this forum. Let's meet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner. New user. Trying to resurrect this forum. Let's meet!!!

Hello everyone!!

Just bought my first ever S2000. Fourth owner. 2002. 88k miles. As stock as it gets, for the moment. Would love to join South and Central FL meets!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-09-02 at 6.37.59 PM (7).jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	1674703

Howdy. It's a tough time for meets, of course. It used to be that the biggest worry at a Cars & Coffee were the Mustangs, but now it's the Covid-19 thing. But many people are arranging for socially distant cruises, drives, picnics, etc.

I'm not in Florida, but I think Barry Katz ( S2KDad ) is in SW Florida. Maybe he can advise on where to find the local owners who have responsible meets right now.

Enjoy your new car!
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Matthew 15:14

Comment

Good find, decent examples are getting sucked up fast, especially stock ones. If i lived down there
      i would take it to LHT Preformance in Pinellas Park and let John look it over. May cost you a few K but so worth the money.

Comment

Welcome. There's a Dragon meet coming up in October. There are a few Florida people coming up. I hope to see you there. More information here: https://dfr2020.eventbrite.com.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Howdy. It's a tough time for meets, of course. It used to be that the biggest worry at a Cars & Coffee were the Mustangs, but now it's the Covid-19 thing. But many people are arranging for socially distant cruises, drives, picnics, etc.

I'm not in Florida, but I think Barry Katz ( S2KDad ) is in SW Florida. Maybe he can advise on where to find the local owners who have responsible meets right now.

Enjoy your new car!
          Thanks!!

Originally posted by S2KAP2 View Post
          Good find, decent examples are getting sucked up fast, especially stock ones. If i lived down there
          i would take it to LHT Preformance in Pinellas Park and let John look it over. May cost you a few K but so worth the money.
          Precisely I've been looking at his YouTube channel!!! The car itself left a hole in my pocket, but I'm definitely researching for bolt-ons, 100% reversible customization options. Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
            Welcome. There's a Dragon meet coming up in October. There are a few Florida people coming up. I hope to see you there. More information here: https://dfr2020.eventbrite.com.
            Awesome! Looking at it right now

Comment

This is fantastic! Thankfully one thing that is fairly safe to do these days is DRIVE! She is a beaut! I hope you can get many happy miles in.
              This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by The Element 911 View Post

Awesome! Looking at it right now
                It's going to be a great event. With COVID, people are itching to get out and drive! I have a Super Drive set up for Saturday, at the event.

Comment

Originally posted by lacochino View Post
                  This is fantastic! Thankfully one thing that is fairly safe to do these days is DRIVE! She is a beaut! I hope you can get many happy miles in.
                  Thanks! Already planning to encounter with somebody on Orlando, Wednesday evening, in order to drive to the event

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post

It's going to be a great event. With COVID, people are itching to get out and drive! I have a Super Drive set up for Saturday, at the event.
                  Hope to see you there!!!

Comment

Thanks! Already planning to encounter with somebody on Orlando, Wednesday evening, in order to drive to the event

Hope to see you there!!!
                    Oh, there's not doubt you'll see Jim and me and a bunch of other S2KCA people. Looking forward to seeing you there. Oh, btw, have you registered for the event yet? No charge but I need to be able to tell Fontana management how many people to expect.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
                      Oh, there's not doubt you'll see Jim and me and a bunch of other S2KCA people. Looking forward to seeing you there. Oh, btw, have you registered for the event yet? No charge but I need to be able to tell Fontana management how many people to expect.
                      Not yet. Still convincing my girl and my pocket lol. Plus driving w/o a group from FL feels kinda discouraging. I've had my finger on the "register" and "book now" buttons all day

Comment

Not yet. Still convincing my girl and my pocket lol. Plus driving w/o a group from FL feels kinda discouraging. I've had my finger on the "register" and "book now" buttons all day
                        Well...Push the button...!! No better way to meet many of your fellow S2K owners..and to Drive one of the TOP 10 roads in the world...We have been going down with this crew, 2 times a year...since we purchased this car...in 2003..
                        You won’t regret this trip...!!!
                        MY'03....Silverstone / Red Loaded with "Whistles, Bells & Toys"....

Life's journey is not to arrive @ the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to "skid" in sideways, totally worn out, shouting"...holy sh*t...what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Looter View Post

Well...Push the button...!! No better way to meet many of your fellow S2K owners..and to Drive one of the TOP 10 roads in the world...We have been going down with this crew, 2 times a year...since we purchased this car...in 2003..
                          You won’t regret this trip...!!!
                          I bet

Comment

Hello everyone! To all interested, there's a no-car-restriction meet tomorrow at 9 AM. Hope to see some more S2Ks there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1312395635631870

Comment

Tama? Not familiar with. Toledo, as in Ohio?

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                                Tama? Not familiar with. Toledo, as in Ohio?
                                I guess you're gonna laugh all day at this. I was looking for South FL car shows, don't know how I ended up in that one. Been living here for months so obviously I don't know the whole place. Guess I'm not going anywhere

Comment

I guess you're gonna laugh all day at this. I was looking for South FL car shows, don't know how I ended up in that one. Been living here for months so obviously I don't know the whole place. Guess I'm not going anywhere
                                  Looks like that show was in Iowa. Roadtrip!

This time of year is a good time to get out of Florida anyway. Even Jimmy Buffett has trouble Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season.
                                  -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                                  The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Matthew 15:14

Comment

Working...
                                  X