Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA/WVA/GA/FL/NC/SC? Is this on? Hello? h-e-l-l-oooooo! Is anybody out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kgf3076
    replied
    This is starting to sound like the UVa alumni association. I'm in Alexandria, VA (for the past 40 years).

Leave a comment:

• jamesawr1946
    replied
    FL checking in. We are building a house down here in Melbourne Beach and after several years of retirement I'm actually working to get get things done. It's killing me. I graduated UVA in 1968 from College even though I spent 3 semesters 1964-65, in Engineering School. When I figured out that Engineers were not going to learn to drive locomotives I transferred to College and got BA. E school just too hard. Once FL house is finished we'll be Snowbirds and spend winter in Mel Beach and summer in Breckenridge, CO. We selected these areas as my daughter lives in Mel Bch and my son lives in Denver. Each has to put up with us part of the year. I have a black 2009 and am thinking about taking it to CO for summers. I will be in Charlottesville on Oct 19 for the Duke game. Not certain where kgf lives in Va.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

I did. We were at UVa at roughly the same time. He's a snowbird so hangs out in Florida during the winter. Amazing the coincidences (well, not the snowbird thing, but the UVa thing)..
    Thanks for reaching out to Jim. More and more often we realize that it really is a small world.

Leave a comment:

• kgf3076
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post

Sounds like a great idea.
    I did. We were at UVa at roughly the same time. He's a snowbird so hangs out in Florida during the winter. Amazing the coincidences (well, not the snowbird thing, but the UVa thing)..

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post

Maybe I'll send him a PM to let him know that even though we're not exactly neighbors, we're in the same region and if I get down that way or he gets up this way, we should get together.
    Sounds like a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• kgf3076
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Florida hasn't completely fallen off the face of the earth. Jim R. (jamesawr1946) from Melbourne was just asking about how to contact other Central Florida members. Hopefully he will see this and find that he is not really alone in the Southeast region.
    Maybe I'll send him a PM to let him know that even though we're not exactly neighbors, we're in the same region and if I get down that way or he gets up this way, we should get together.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rose
    replied
    Florida hasn't completely fallen off the face of the earth. Jim R. (jamesawr1946) from Melbourne was just asking about how to contact other Central Florida members. Hopefully he will see this and find that he is not really alone in the Southeast region.

Leave a comment:

• VA/WVA/GA/FL/NC/SC? Is this on? Hello? h-e-l-l-oooooo! Is anybody out there?

Am I the single remaining VA member. I know Jonathan (from Richmond) died three years ago (I still miss his warped sense of humor), Val moved to SC, had her car wrecked and bought a Volvo, Hunter and I still talk but mostly by email, Dave is busy with his horses and Corvette but is coming to Gettysburg, Bracky has way more interests then S2000's, Justin N. is still around but not here very much, Brett is gone, busy racing, Apparently Florida fell off the edge of the universe, Georgia is represented by LagunaBlue who is busy keeping VBulletin from falling down and just for gits and shiggles, DE in't exactly a hot-bed of excitement either. Two days with no posts? I'm going to have to check my Ignore list to make sure I didn't put everyone on it by mistake.
Working...
X