• Time
  • Show
Clear All

arasigentry_lr.jpg
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

Comment

Ha! We drove those 89A Switchbacks on the way home from S2KDays last summer. I can't get enough of red rocks.

Comment

For those arriving early, check out Sliding Rock State Park.

5A5FCF17-081E-4A17-957F-FD554E103C30.jpeg

2B191F76-0221-498D-9C5D-CE0CFDB96448.jpeg

S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

We have the days off approved. Now we just need to book the rooms.

Comment

Perfect !!!

Comment

On February 26, 2019, the Grand Canyon celebrates 100 years since it's designation as a national park. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Grand Canyon welcomes approximately six million domestic and international visitors each year. After 100 years, whether its hiking a corridor trail, taking a stroll on the rim or enjoying the landscape from an overlook, Grand Canyon continues to provide a space for all visitors to connect with the outdoors.

01915679-4544-485F-816E-D78AA3A1F207.jpeg
              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this trip. It will be good scenery, great drives, and wonderful visiting with friends.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

We should be making our reservations tomorrow evening. I hope to be able to post that we're officially on the list.

Comment

Clock is ticking...
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Tock, Tock, Tock. I hate Ticks!

Comment

Speaking of clocks... Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend in much of the US. I always miss that hour of sleep. But I like that there is still a bunch of daylight left in the day after work is over.
                        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Attending list in the first post has been updated. Let me know if I missed anyone.

Comment

Okay, I've been living under a rock this winter......and I finally logged on s2kca today!
                            Jason has prolly figured out already that I am booked for this trip. In fact, Peter and Ursula are as well. We are arriving a couple days early to explore and get settled.
                            Can't wait to see all my "personas favoritas"
                            Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

The Greer Lodge seems to open to reservations only between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. daily.
                              The Sedona hotel line keeps repeating an option to press 1 for reservations with no pick up.

We'll try again tomorrow during daylight hours, before any savings begin this weekend.

Comment

Karen was on hold for over 30 minutes each time trying to call both hotels today. Neither one could find S2KCA in their systems. She got the Greer hotel booked. They charged her credit card yet the confirmation email promised in 5 minutes has not come through hours later. She is waiting for a call back from the Sedona hotel. I sure hope the rooms are nicer than their reservations systems.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                                  Karen was on hold for over 30 minutes each time trying to call both hotels today. Neither one could find S2KCA in their systems. She got the Greer hotel booked. They charged her credit card yet the confirmation email promised in 5 minutes has not come through hours later. She is waiting for a call back from the Sedona hotel. I sure hope the rooms are nicer than their reservations systems.
                                  Mark: There is no group rate at the Sedona hotel. So no, they wouldn't know about S2KCA and they wouldn't find that in their systems. Just follow the instructions in the first post when they call you or Karen back. I sure hope you didn't give them too hard of a time for not having information that they aren't supposed to have.

The Greer hotel is aware of the S2KCA group, or should be. Please contact Jason (4U2NV) directly if you do not receive any confirmation information within 24 hours (and PRIVATELY let him know the name and particulars about your reservation). Please realize that the Greer hotel is a smaller lodge, so their systems are not going to be as automated as major chains. It might take longer for their emails to go out. Also, please be sure to check your spam filters and/or junk mail folders first. It's quite common for people to forget to check those places when expecting an email that doesn't come.

I sure hope you have better luck in the future with your travel plans too!
                                  -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Karen got through to both hotels again today and made the reservations. She still has not had time to check her junk mail folder, in case the confirmation email went there These are frustrating, yet minor inconveniences compared to the joy this trip will bring. We're looking forward to it. Karen will be staying at the hotel the day we do the Devil's Highway. She's done that before with me and with her car sickness affliction, she will be happy spending the day knitting, and what not, until we return that day.
                                    Last edited by AZS2KDancer; 03-17-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Healing Vortex - Sedona AZ

B93E0489-05AB-4CAB-ABAE-2C37BD9A4AC8.jpeg
                                      Last edited by 4U2NV; 03-17-2019, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I wonder if we’ll be able to see that in our drive?

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                                          I wonder if we’ll be able to see that in our drive?
                                          It is not part of the planned drive, but several people have notified me that they are arriving early to explore on their own. The Healing Vortex would be a great stop to consider.

Comment

Working...
                                          X