No announcement yet.

Southwest Tour - Spring 2020 - Valley of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The addition of the Shelby Heritage Center will be a lot of fun and very interesting.

Also just saw the Ford v Ferrari movie (a bunch of us went to a local drive-in theater) and I enjoyed it a lot.
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Seriously considering joining this tour....same folks as the Arizona tour PLUS Rob n Rachel!! Can't get any better, eh?
      Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post
        Seriously considering joining this tour....same folks as the Arizona tour PLUS Rob n Rachel!! Can't get any better, eh?
        I really hope you can make it. It would be great to have you join us. We all had such fun last trip and I think it will be more of that plus new sights this time.
        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
        The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Is the Shelby museum so small that we only need one hour there? What about moving it to Day 2 to allow more time to explore there? There’s not much to do if you don’t want to gamble or shop all day during daytime hours. From what I recall, Las Vegas shows are at night.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
            Is the Shelby museum so small that we only need one hour there? What about moving it to Day 2 to allow more time to explore there? There’s not much to do if you don’t want to gamble or shop all day during daytime hours. From what I recall, Las Vegas shows are at night.
            Visiting the Shelby Museum on the "no drives" day sounds plausible, assuming we can get transportation easily enough. My recollection of my last visit to Las Vegas was they have tourist busses that are fairly inexpensive and go up and down the strip all day. If the bus goes far enough south to near where Shelby's is located, that's plausible.

Everything I have read so far says the average length of visit to the Shelby museum is about 90 minutes. Maybe we will want more or maybe we will want less. Not sure. Lots of time to think about that and adjust accordingly. The programs won't go to print until late March.

I am not a big gambler, so when I go to Las Vegas I tend to like to walk the shops, hop on a double-decker tour bus, and just sightsee. There is also the option of just relaxing by the pool at the resort, drinking pina coladas, and getting a massage at the spa.

I haven't seen a Vegas show in years, but the last one I saw was a Cirque du Soleil production. Amazing. I never know where to look during a Cirque show because so much is always happening all over the place. That's something one might want to plan in advance though. I don't know what getting tickets is like these days.
            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

If you want to go to shows, a quick search shows that even now, 4 months in advance, some have limited seating. There are also some limited holiday deals available, so you may want to consider reserving soon. https://www.vegas.com/iv2/searchresu...l/sort/popular
              Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
              2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

Comment

I went years ago when I had the option of a two drink minimum or a meal as the cost of a show. I think that tickets are much more expensive now.

Comment

I’ll be there in February for work. Full days of classroom learning for a week won’t leave much time for sightseeing.

Comment

Originally posted by MoS2000 View Post
                    Hey Mo, we should talk more about this via email or text. If you go, I might also. I'd fly down and join you there to hitch a ride, maybe hit LA/San Diego on the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by repiv View Post
                      Hey Mo, we should talk more about this via email or text. If you go, I might also. I'd fly down and join you there to hitch a ride, maybe hit LA/San Diego on the way back.
                      Would be great if you can join us! Both Jason and I will have open passenger seats and will be headed to LA after the event if you need a lift. Don't know if your back will allow you to do that, but that option is available if you need it.
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Would be great if you can join us! Both Jason and I will have open passenger seats and will be headed to LA after the event if you need a lift. Don't know if your back will allow you to do that, but that option is available if you need it.
                        Wow, thanks for the offer. I'll take that into the equation. I can sit in a car for a few hours, just not for a whole road trip or working a clutch for any length of time. Will keep you in the loop.

Comment

Nice to see you Dave! Here's wishing you and Evelyn a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

Nice to see you Dave! Here's wishing you and Evelyn a Merry Christmas.
                            Right back at you and Rachel. Long time, no see. It would be great to you guys again. Maybe next year, it'll happen.

Comment

It would be great to see you again Dave. Hope you can make it to Las Vegas.
                              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                                It would be great to see you again Dave. Hope you can make it to Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Roseanne - if I come by air, can I ride shotgun?

Comment

Originally posted by JoePhotographer View Post

Roseanne - if I come by air, can I ride shotgun?
                                    Oh yeah, picking the fastest ride eh?

Comment

Well, since you and I were dubbed by Rob as the "sciatica twins", I guess we just have to go, don't we? I'll be in touch with you this week.
                                      Jpn,Honda,Passenger,AP2,2dr convertible/6sp-manual,BaseModel,2007,Suzuka Plant,USA#699 - Laguna Blue Pearl

S2KDays Attended: Keystone SD 2011 | Golden CO 2012 | Hood River OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls KY 2015 | Durango CO 2016

Comment

I will add both of you to the list.
                                        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post

I will add both of you to the list.
                                          A little premature but I guess you can always UN-add if needed.

Comment

Working...
                                          X