Southwest Tour - Spring 2020 - Valley of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long Are the drives in miles?
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• Looks like 327 miles. The 600 mile limit on the rental should be okay.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	64DF2E15-9672-483D-A73B-1277DF419509.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1670982
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

• April is coming up fast. Going to be a really fun trip.

Busy winter, now that I think about it. There is the NorCal planning BBQ coming up in February. Then the Honda Museum trip in Torrance (also February). Then the SoCal EOQ Drive in March. And this SW Tour in April.

Much planning to do for the rest of the year too.
          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Matthew 15:14

Comment

• Hotel information has been updated in the second post of this discussion thread.
            S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Comment

• Countdown...

Click image for larger version

Name:	6yalrmwqx4r11.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	1671018
              -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
              The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

• I called Sharron and left a message on her voice mail. The AARP online rate is $132 per night, yet doesn’t mention a resort fee.

Comment

• Guess I reserved at the right time! (December 6)

Rate per night
                  Apr-08-2020 - Apr-10-2020 104.29 USD
                  Apr-10-2020 - Apr-12-2020 103.97 USD
                  Apr-12-2020 - Apr-13-2020 104.29 USD
                  Total for Stay per Room Rate 520.82 USD
                  Taxes 87.62 USD
                  Resort Charge 145.00 USD
                  Total price for Stay 753.44 USD

The resort fee is definitely charged.

Oh, since we will arrive on the 8th, if anyone wants to join us on the 9th, we plan to drive out to Death Valley, weather permitting.
                  Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
                  2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

Comment

• Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                    . The AARP online rate is $132 per night, yet doesn’t mention a resort fee.
                    If you were to click through on that, you will find that a resort fee WILL be added.
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I called Sharron and left a message on her voice mail. The AARP online rate is $132 per night, yet doesn’t mention a resort fee.
                      Yep I have left two messages. One on Friday and one Monday.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D511FBB4-4D81-44A5-A906-C61CE5759F0E.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	1671065

Comment

• Reservations made for two.

Comment

• Is this event starting on April 9, so we should get in on the 8th?

Comment

Is this event starting on April 9, so we should get in on the 8th?
                              The event starts on the morning of April 10th.

Comment

• Spoke with Sharon, got our reservations. See you at the pool bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                                  ... See you at the pool bar.
                                  Indeed! Looking forward to it!
                                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

• I moved our rooms from the Westin to the Hilton Lake so we're all set. Is anyone else coming from the midwest that might be interested in touring national parks on the way home. We're driving straight out but taking maybe a week on the way home. I'm looking at Canyon lands, Arches, Horseshoe bend, Monument Valley, etc..

Let me know.

Comment

• Count me in Jason!

soshfty - Amaan

Just in case anyone is still looking at rooms, I just got the Hilton Lake Las Vegas for $99 a night +$29 resort fee (Honors Long Weekender). Save some money friends!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• I would love to join you on the 9th to visit Death Valley. We’re coming in the 8th now, too, although we will arrive for s late dinner time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                                          Click image for larger version Name:	HH_overhead_2_1270x560_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.9 KB ID:	1671001

HILTON LAKE LAS VEGAS RESORT & SPA
                                          Surrounded by the Mojave’s mountains and desert, the Hilton Lake Las Vegas is a 30-minute ride to the Las Vegas Strip via our shuttle service. This four star resort has a Mediterranean-style spa and a pool with private cabanas. Explore the adjacent attractions in MonteLago, a Tuscan-inspired village with a marina, shops, and water sports or enjoy a massage at the Spa Ravella.

The daily resort charge includes:
                                          • Internet Access
                                          • Vegas Strip Shuttle
                                          • Free Parking
                                          • Spa Fitness Studio Access
                                          • Two Bottled Waters Each Day
                                          • Daily Beverage Voucher

Room Rate: $113/night (+$29 daily resort fee)
                                          Check In: Thursday, April 9th
                                          Check Out: Monday, April 13th
                                          Reservations: Call Sharron at 702-567-4710 Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
                                          Event Code: JASON

Rooms are limited! Call soon to reserve your room!

Click image for larger version Name:	HH_firenzeloungecocktail_225x225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.8 KB ID:	1671002Click image for larger version Name:	HH_ravellaspa_225x225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.9 KB ID:	1671003
                                          Click image for larger version Name:	HH_medicibistro_225x225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.5 KB ID:	1671004Click image for larger version Name:	HH_poolbargrille_225x225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	15.7 KB ID:	1671005
                                          I finally connected with Sharon today after playing lots of phone tag. Her bottom line price was $642.75 and I booked it BUT she told me that Jason told her he saw a better rate online.

I looked online and booked it again under the Hilton Honors Long Weekend Rate, with a king sized bed for $625.77, for four nights. I cancelled the reservation I made with Sharon. It was nice of her to let me know that Jason saw a better rate online!

BTW, the price was higher than it was when soshfty booked yesterday. It must be like airline prices. I'll look again in the future to see if it comes down.

HONORS LONG WEEKENDER
                                          09 Apr 2020April 9, 2020 $122.00
                                          10 Apr 2020April 10, 2020 $127.00
                                          11 Apr 2020April 11, 2020 $127.00
                                          12 Apr 2020April 12, 2020 $61.00

Total room charge$437.00
                                          Resort Charge: $29.00 per room, per night
                                          Total fees$116.00
                                          13.00 % per room, per night
                                          0.16 % per room, per night
                                          Total taxes$72.77
                                          Total for stay$625.77
                                          ~Patricia~
                                          '07 Laguna Blue S2000, '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl NSX and '15 Mountain Mist Crosstour owner
                                          Trabuco Canyon, CA

Comment

Working...
                                          X