Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles Wine Tour; The NorCal-SoCal Meet in the Middle event for 2021. Oct 24-27, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles Wine Tour; The NorCal-SoCal Meet in the Middle event for 2021. Oct 24-27, 2021

*** LATEST EVENT INFO UPDATE ***

Please join us for a NorCal-SoCal Meet in the Middle event Wine Tour right after crush time in October on the Central Coast of California. If you haven't gotten your vaccination yet, get that handled, and bring a handful of Covid Masks just to be safe.

HOTEL INFO:
    Reservations deadline is Sep 24.
    No-penalty cancelation 72 hours prior to check-in.
    Call Courtyard by Marriott, Paso Robles
    Ask for the "Roseanne Murphy Group" rate
    805-239-9700 ext 0
    Check-in Date October 24. Check-out Date October 27.
    Rate: $139, parking fee waived. (NOTE: there is a 13.7% hotel tax which will be applied to your total bill)
    120 South Vine Street
    Paso Robles, CA 93446

Arrival day will be Sunday October 24 to check in to the hotel, get settled, meet and greet others, have dinner, and just generally visit. Monday and Tuesday will be drives and tours through scenic wine country of the Central Coast. We will stop at a few wineries here and there along the drives as well as lunch stops and scenic view points. We will have a relaxing evening of dinner and discussion and maybe sharing some of our new acquisitions to round out our Tuesday night. On Wednesday we all check out of the hotel and head home.

>>> General Itinerary <<<

>> Sunday 10/24 -- arrive, check in, relax, meet other attendees, dinner with friends. Optional after dinner: Field of Lights, Paso Robles.

>> Monday 10/25 -- This is a full day of driving, winery stops, and a group dinner. Start time around 9:00 am, lunch at about 11:30 am, and dinner around 7:00 pm.
    Start Point - Courtyard Paso Robles
    Lunch - in Gorda, CA (just south of Big Sur)
    Wine 1 - Turley Wine Cellers
    Wine 2 - Opolo Vineyards
    Wine 3 - Calcareous Vineyard
    Dinner - Habaneros Mexican

>> Tuesday 10/26 -- Slightly shorter day of driving, winery stops, and dinner. Approx 9:30 am start time, lunch stop at noon, and dinner at around 5:00 pm. This will allow us to have a happy hour and share some of our new wine purchases back at the hotel later that evening.
    Start Point - Courtyard Paso Robles
    Lunch - Custom House
    Wine 1 - Cass Winery
    Wine 2 - Sculpterra Winery (has a sculpture garden to explore)
    Wine 3 - Eberly Winery
    Dinner - Santa Maria Brewing Co.
    Return - Courtyard Paso Robles

>> Wednesday 10/27 -- check out. you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. NorCal folks head north, SoCal folks head south.

Covid-19 is still with us, and the latest variants are serious. No question about that! But if you are vaccinated, take precautions, and wear a mask while in groups, we can all still enjoy life.

Wine, winding roads, fast cars... what could go wrong?

October 24-27, 2021. We are doing the SLO / Paso Robles Wine Tour right after crush time on the Central Coast of California. Details to follow and I'm looking forward to a a really good time. Mark your calendars. Specific hotel info and routes will be posted within the next few days in this thread. Certainly the pandemic has slowed us all down, but I hope this trip will rank right up there with the SoCal-NorCal Kings Canyon Rally of 2019.

Arrival day will be Sunday October 24 to check in to the hotel, get settled, have dinner, and visit with dear friends. Monday and Tuesday will be drives and tours through scenic wine country of the Central Coast. We will stop at a few wineries here and there along the drives as well as lunch stops and scenic view points. We will have a relaxing evening of dinner and discussion and maybe sharing some of our new acquisitions to round out our Tuesday night. On Wednesday we all check out of the hotel and head home.

SO SAVE THE DATE!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	g-main-photo.jpg Views:	44 Size:	581.7 KB ID:	1671772

Click image for larger version  Name:	cct-winery-0115-15.jpg Views:	36 Size:	172.0 KB ID:	1671773

Click image for larger version  Name:	Coastal-California.png Views:	0 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	1681276
    Last edited by R.Murphy; 10-11-2021, 12:45 AM.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

Looking forward to this!..

Comment

Hotel info being finalized. I'll have details to post about who to call to make your reservations by Friday.
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
      -Randy Pausch

Comment

And this was in my email from the LA Times this morning...

Go wine-tasting in a castle

Get your inner "Game of Thrones" character on — within reason, of course — the next time you're wine tasting in Paso Robles.

At Tooth & Nail Winery, you can sip wine like Cersei Lannister in a castle surrounded by a moat less than three miles from the 101. Tastings begin at $30 per person and can be booked online on Tooth & Nail's site.

Tours of the castle, barrel room and vineyards are available for visitors who want to spend more time exploring Tooth & Nail. The two-hour experience costs $80 per person.
        Attached Files
        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Updated event info in the first post.

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Dick and Janet are in

Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
            ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid
            Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads /Axxis ULT Ceramic
            Speed Bleeder Products
            17" BBS RGR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus
            So many roads, so little time

Comment

I’ve got my room reserved.
              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                I’ve got my room reserved.
                Yeah? Me too!
                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Bump! Get your room reservations in, folks!
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Reminder:
                    Book your room by Sep 23!
                    https://facebook.com/events/s/norcal...1948668627119/
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Time is flying by. See you all at this event very soon.
                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Only one week away! Yay!
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

We are so bummed we won't be able to attend this after looking forward to it for so long!.... .... But, Carolyn is recovering nicely and that is more important at the moment. Everyone have a great time, share some photos and be safe! We'll be thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kx2 View Post
                            We are so bummed we won't be able to attend this after looking forward to it for so long!.... .... But, Carolyn is recovering nicely and that is more important at the moment. Everyone have a great time, share some photos and be safe! We'll be thinking of you.
                            I am glad to hear Carolyn is recovering. One's health is definitely more important. And anyway, the weather prognosticators are saying we might get some much needed rain either Sunday or Monday.

There will be more events of both the day-drive and multi-day variety. Keep in touch!
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

I am glad to hear Carolyn is recovering. One's health is definitely more important. And anyway, the weather prognosticators are saying we might get some much needed rain either Sunday or Monday.

There will be more events of both the day-drive and multi-day variety. Keep in touch!
                              Thank you Roseanne! ..And many thanks to you & Jason for all you do!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X