A Southwest Adventure: Valley of Fire, NV - March 27-30, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobby,
    I spent a couple of months in Winnipeg (that would be in Manitoba for people who have never been there) and had a great time even though work was involved
    Last edited by kgf3076; 04-04-2022, 04:11 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
    Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
    Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Those ninja edit moves!

R&R (still from Winnipeg, which is still not in Alberta)

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220330_112555.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	1684606

And a free-roaming Jason in his natural habitat. Not a selfie. Not a pool. And features two images of S2000s.

Name:	20220330_163405.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	1684607
      Attached Files
      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Life is far too short to spend it sitting around hoping fun things and Adventures will find you. Go look for them! Or better yet, create them yourself. If you don't, one day you'll wake up and find that the window of opportunity has passed and it's too late. -Also Me

Comment

Made it home this afternoon.
        The border crossing was pain free and the new “ArriveCan” app worked as expected.
        After hearing some horror stories about recent border crossings into Canada it came as a surprise.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Happy to hear that.
          Now to plan for the Maine Seacoast Adventure!
          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble. -Me

Life is far too short to spend it sitting around hoping fun things and Adventures will find you. Go look for them! Or better yet, create them yourself. If you don't, one day you'll wake up and find that the window of opportunity has passed and it's too late. -Also Me

Comment

Looks like everyone had a good time!
            David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
            '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
            '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
            '11 Ford Ranger Sport
            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
            '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
            '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Oh yeah I bought a replacement CR at the duty free today.
              S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Those ninja edit moves!

R&R (still from Winnipeg, which is still not in Alberta)
                Don't worrry, I'll teach you all 10 provinces which is probably 9 more than you realized existed. I assume you have some ability to learn. And just for you, I'm going to edit this and remove the nice things I said about you.

ETA: Nope, think I'll put them back in so you can play silly once again. You sure are fun to play off of...woieyrp;isdofjn;/lkq2i4u7trp8, right?

Are you really in IT? So what's the resistor color coding? Ever build a tank circuit? Know your 1's from you zero's? Ever program an IBM mainframe? Know what a mainframe might be?

​ there are a few more for you. I was going to compliment you on your mastery of emoji, but I changed my mind.
                Last edited by kgf3076; 04-04-2022, 07:45 PM. Reason: Bless your little heart, you're so sweet butter wouldn't melt in your mouth.
                Marietta Memorial Meet - Marietta, OH - Always new adventures - The Rt. 26 Covered Bridge Run - June 3-5, 2022.
                Staunton Pop-up - Staunton, VA - Old friends, new friends and Rt. 250 -July 15- 17. 2022
                Dragon Fall Run - Deal's Gap, NC - The Dragon, the friends, the fun - Aug 25 to 28, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                  Oh yeah I bought a replacement CR at the duty free today.
                  Hope you didn't get a NFR one... ​ (look roseanne, I'm quoting you in a message that has another quote, bless your little heart).

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
                    Looks like everyone had a good time!
                    There is always room for improvement, of course, but I think it went well. And I do think everyone had a good time. It was a nice mix of cars and people.

7 S2000s
                    1 Lexus RC350
                    2 30th Anniversary Miata convertibles
                    1 NSX
                    1 rental Miata RF
                    1 rental Mini
                    1 rental Challenger

2022 is our opportunity to make up for all the missed adventures of 2020 and 2021. Our next Adventure is in Maine in June, then the PNW Adventure is in September.

And we have our 2023 Adventures lined up already as well.

Life is precious. Everywhere I look I am reminded that we only get so many opportunities to live it, so I'm not wasting my energy on anything that doesn't include doing, experiencing, and positivity. And the people who feel the same way who we are meeting along this journey have been so supportive and encouraging. It's a wonderful experience to have people in your life who want to see you succeed instead of those who go to great lengths to tear you down.

Keep smiling, keep building, keep doing. No one can stop you from creating good things.

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I agree that we have been very fortunate to be around people who are now supportive of our efforts. There are so many new places to visit and explore. I am excited to get back to what I love to do – creating new Adventures.

See you on the next Adventure!
                      S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Going through some of the pics, I noticed it seemed we had one shot which a lot of people found compelling: the entrance lane to the hotel. Here are a few examples.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BSPalms.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	1684729
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	SBPalms.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	1684730

Click image for larger version  Name:	JHPalms.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.30 MB ID:	1684731.
                        The rest of the grounds were lovely as well. And here's an actual pool shot.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	ObligatoryPoolPic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	1684732

Here's one from the Carroll Shelby museum which seemed particularly apropos for this thread.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	OzNeverDidGiveNothinToTheTinMan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.78 MB ID:	1684733

And we sang Happy Birthday to Gene and sent him the video to enjoy.
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xsw4cg14AWHemYda8

When we were in S2Kdays LA I had wanted to take the iconic palm trees video in (I believe) Beverley Hills but this was a close try.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                            https://photos.app.goo.gl/Xsw4cg14AWHemYda8

When we were in S2Kdays LA I had wanted to take the iconic palm trees video in (I believe) Beverley Hills but this was a close try.
                            Nice (and iconic),

Comment

It wouldn't be a Jason and Roseanne event without a photo memory book! So much fun with making this one. One hundred and thirty six photos and a bunch of memorable quotes. Ten years from now, we'll need those to refresh our memories and we can laugh about everything all over again.

Ten years... who am I kidding? More like 10 weeks from now we'll need them. LOL

I'm sure we will do one each for the Maine Seacoast Adventure and the Pacific Northwest Adventure too.

Name:	4a3629ec-c112-3597-f7d2-2d7766275a31.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	528.2 KB
ID:	1685089
                              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                              X