Dashlights dimming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashlights dimming?

Hi everyone, I was talking with a member here and he said to ask about this problem that I have. Well a couple of weeks ago I notced that at idle the dashlights were flickering. Any Idea's?

Had the same problem over a year ago with my 02, new alternator fixed it
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

This is what I noticed about his car.

On startup, the lights were fine. When the air pump turned on, they start to flicker at the same frequency that the the air pump runs at. His car is an AP1, but I don't know the YM. It only does it at idle, too.
      JW
      Cannondale Six13
      LOOK KG 381
      Klien Quantum Race

Comment

I too like Coop's alternator idea. Has the charging voltage been checked? How many miles?
        Not all who wander are lost...

We are part of that group of folks who have driven their S2000 more than 100,000 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Satisaii View Post
          This is what I noticed about his car.

On startup, the lights were fine. When the air pump turned on, they start to flicker at the same frequency that the the air pump runs at. His car is an AP1, but I don't know the YM. It only does it at idle, too.
          Well, this is my half-educated answer...

When you start the car it does not rest at normal RPM's, it goes higher (1500-2500 depending on weather I guess). When the car goes back to normal, "resting idle" RPM's (600-800 I think) then there is less voltage being produced. That equals the SAME reason that it doesn't do it while driving. It's all related to voltage. Whether it's the battery or the alternator, there's a voltage problem. Remember, the batter provides the power, but it has to have something behind it to "fill" it up... ( I knew 15 years in car audio would pay off eventually )

Comment

i will have to agree, alternator or battery. maybe you can meet someone up and swap batteries to eliminate that option. if the problem still occurs i'd take the alternator off and take it to autozone or o'reilly or something to get it tested

Comment

coudlnt have said it better then the Prez did

Comment

Working...
              X