Brain Damaged Sociopaths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Damaged Sociopaths?

Had an interesting and amusing encounter for the 3rd time this year and I have a question that follows:

While stopped at a light behind a P/U. This new EVO pulls along side and starts revving his engine ok? Light changes P/U moves I'm behind P/U EVO paces me as P/U pulls away now I know what the "little brain" in the EVO wants but I'm not taking the bait. He gets upset and pulls behind me riding my bumper. Fine. I signal, change lanes to let EVO boy have the left lane to himself he does the same staying about 3ft. of my bumper while doing 40 mph.

Im on a public street approaching an intersection and start slowing for the red light with EVO boy still on my bumper. The side street to my right is a residential area and low and behold a motor officer sees EVO boy on my ass. He flips on the lights and pulls the idiot over. The light changes and I proceed. There is a God! .... My question is this:

This has happened 3 times now this year twice with the WRX crowd and now the EVO. Is this some kind of new game with the Gen "Y" idiots driving these cars and have any of you experienced something similar while driving the S2000?

Thanks.

he was just trying to get you to race. There is nothing really more to it than that.

btw...wtf is a "P/U"

Comment

It is sport compact cars in general. I owned 2 Dodge SRT-4's (neon and caliber versions) before I sold them and got into the S2000. I got rid of the SRT-4's because of what you described, every fart can Honda Civic wanted to race me, along the with the WRX and Mitsubishi crowds. I really hated it. I enjoyed the SRT-4's but they attracted too much unwanted attention. I almost always had my wife and young son in the cars with me. I actually traded one SRT-4 in on a mid-size family sedan and I got out of sport compact cars for a couple years.

Gotta love the fact that the cop was in the right place at the right time and caught the idiot behind you, that almost never happens. I would call the Police station and thank the cop for pulling that guy over like that.

Comment

what is weird is I've had my S2000 for over 6 years and i've never had anyone try to race me. The only small race was recently when I was headed out for some Hardees biscuits and I found myself next to an older guy in a Mustang GT and we both kind of pulled away quicker than normal and we both kind of just went for it until 3rd gear and then I went on my way. My friends always tell me how ricers bother them or even people in seemingly normal vehicles and trucks even rev at them and try to race. I guess people think GPW is untouchable and dont even bother with me

Comment

I don't street race and I don't talk about it. When I have the urge I take it to the track.
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
          Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
          Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

I concur with D...had by S since '10 and no instigation at all on the street other than some dude on a 250cc non-sports bike. Mine is stock though, so I think that if I had a fart can and some rims it'd be a different story.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I figured as much about wanting to race, you would think they would realize a 60 year old is not about to give into their testosterone fueled idiocy but as Kai Frantzen said: "When $hit comes to honor, it does not know how to act". Oh and P/U is "Pick-Up truck".

Comment

Originally posted by RedCelica View Post
                he was just trying to get you to race. There is nothing really more to it than that.

btw...wtf is a "P/U"
                A ruut mobile (a pickup truck)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

Originally posted by kgf3076 View Post
                  A ruut mobile (a pickup truck)
                  One of these?

Comment

must be compensating for something

Comment

Does he use a booster seat in that thing ?

Comment

Brain fart Brett. Has happen with the damn civic punks more and more. Next time if you get side by side at a light after he starts reving his motor, you do the same. When the light turns green just take at normal speed. Thats just funny as hell to do to them. Later BD

Comment

Originally posted by ruut View Post
                          One of these?
                          Pretty well sums it up, Randall.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Random Fact: "There are less than 30 ships in the Royal Canadian Navy which is less than most third-world countries."

Comment

For lack of towing power.
                            Originally posted by zeroptzero View Post
                            Does he use a booster seat in that thing ?
                            I barely fit in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ruut View Post
                              One of these?
                              S2kx2, if you had one of these you could leave them in a cloud of smoke, literally.

Comment

Thats funny because it was a Dodge P/U I was following when EVO boy had his feelings hurt because I would not play with him. Maybe the ticket he (hopefully) received will trigger some brain cell growth. Not banking on it though.

Originally posted by zeroptzero View Post
                                S2kx2, if you had one of these you could leave them in a cloud of smoke, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kx2 View Post
                                  Had an interesting and amusing encounter for the 3rd time this year and I have a question that follows:

While stopped at a light behind a P/U. This new EVO pulls along side and starts revving his engine ok? Light changes P/U moves I'm behind P/U EVO paces me as P/U pulls away now I know what the "little brain" in the EVO wants but I'm not taking the bait. He gets upset and pulls behind me riding my bumper. Fine. I signal, change lanes to let EVO boy have the left lane to himself he does the same staying about 3ft. of my bumper while doing 40 mph.

Im on a public street approaching an intersection and start slowing for the red light with EVO boy still on my bumper. The side street to my right is a residential area and low and behold a motor officer sees EVO boy on my ass. He flips on the lights and pulls the idiot over. The light changes and I proceed. There is a God! .... My question is this:

This has happened 3 times now this year twice with the WRX crowd and now the EVO. Is this some kind of new game with the Gen "Y" idiots driving these cars and have any of you experienced something similar while driving the S2000?

Thanks.
                                  I have some crazy rules when it comes to other drivers and what I will let them get away with. The last thing that most people think when they are acting stupid is that the person they are F-ing with is just crazy enough to do some dumb to prove a point. I don't care what I'm in, if you ride my ASS you will find out how fast my vehicle will stop. If you try to cut in at the last minute on a ramp you will find out that you have to hit me.

I find it to be EXTREMELY rude for people to cut in. I take it as you think your is more important than my so I should just let you go. It has become a HUGE problem in the Atlanta area. The following happened about 3 weeks ago when I was taking the S to get tuned. It was on a trailer behind the truck in the above picture. I had a lady cut through the gore area of the ramp and expect me to stop to let her in. I didn't so she gave me a horn blast, I promptly turned in her direction and stomped the brakes. She was in a Land Rover and she had to get in the grass to not hit me. She then proceeded to pull up next to me once we got on 285 and clapped her hands. These people do this every GD day and people let them get away with it to the point they think you're wrong for not letting them in. I had it happen about 11 months ago and the lady was in a Escalade and I was in our 03 Matrix. She kept getting closer like I was going to back down because her vehicle was larger. Beth was with me and was telling me to let her in and I told her F that she can wait. At the point she was about 6 inches away from me I turned toward her. Her passenger rolled the window down to see how close we were. At that point we were only about an inch away and I kept moving in here direction. She finally stopped and waited until some nutless punk let her in. The whole time she was on her cell phone. People are more and more inconsiderate and I for one will not put up with that .

Comment

I found out what pisses me off ALMOST as much as people who dont merge...people who don't turn their lights on in the pouring rain just because it's daytime. I still cant see you JACKWAGON.

Comment

^Why I daily drive a beater! The reverse intimidation factor goes way up if you have a car with scrapes dings and undone bodywork!
                                      Back about a million years ago I drove a cab in NYC, nothing gets respect more than a yellow with rubber bumpers:
                                      "Stay out my way Fool!"
                                      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Working...
                                      X