Commercial Shoot Next Week - Convertible S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Shoot Next Week - Convertible S2000

Hi! My name is Evan Rohde. I'm a Production Designer in the Commercial world.

We're shooting a commercial next week for Tire Rack and am in need of a Convertible S2000 for our shoot.

I was wondering if any drivers would be willing to offer their cars up for rent for the day ($500). We'd be replacing the tires and having a professional Precision Driver drive the vehicles. Obviously everything would be insured and professionally supervised. I also may need some additional vehicles to be parked on the perimeter and potentially some help setting up the course.

Obviously the timeline here is pretty short, so any help you can provide today would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond with vehicle pics and confirm that you would be available on the 29th or 30th in Los Angeles

Thanks!!

-E

EVAN J. ROHDE | production designer | [email protected] | www.evanrohde.com

Last edited by EvanJR; 01-23-2014, 05:20 PM. Reason: Added rental rate

Who wants to be famous? Well, at least their car will be famous, no promises for the owner.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Hell if I was closer I would be all over that. Maybe get a free set of tires too. Someone closer should jump on this. Do it.

Comment

Odd, no apparent specifics as far as stock, modified or model requirement. None the less, a free set of rubber is a strong temptation, I'm also assuming the tires will remain on the vehicle when done. it seems implied.
        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

No specifics at this point. Hoping to see some options and take it from there. The Rental for the day would be $500 plus the tires!!!

Comment

Sure you don't want to do the shoot in Phoenix?
            S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

I have a couple of questions like ...Where in Los Angeles would one need to bring the car and would you be using my rims for the tires etc.?

Originally posted by EvanJR View Post
              Hi! My name is Evan Rohde. I'm a Production Designer in the Commercial world.

We're shooting a commercial next week for Tire Rack and am in need of a Convertible S2000 for our shoot.

I was wondering if any drivers would be willing to offer their cars up for rent for the day ($500). We'd be replacing the tires and having a professional Precision Driver drive the vehicles. Obviously everything would be insured and professionally supervised. I also may need some additional vehicles to be parked on the perimeter and potentially some help setting up the course.

Obviously the timeline here is pretty short, so any help you can provide today would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond with vehicle pics and confirm that you would be available on the 29th or 30th in Los Angeles

Thanks!!

-E

EVAN J. ROHDE | production designer | [email protected] | www.evanrohde.com

Comment

The Commercial is looking to shoot in Los Angeles (likely a lot in Beverly Hills). The rims are a question of branding. It will depend on TireRack's approval of the existing rims. If we did end up providing rims I can not confirm that they would be offered to the owners after filming. Either way we will have a tire tech on set to assist with all tire mounting.

Are you interest??? We'd love to have you.

Comment

Five hundred dollars to have someone flail my S2000 for a day…and I’m able to keep the trashed tires afterwards? Where do I sign up?

Comment

Originally posted by GaryW View Post
                    Five hundred dollars to have someone flail my S2000 for a day…and I’m able to keep the trashed tires afterwards? Where do I sign up?
                    Then don't, Mr. Glass Half Empty.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryW View Post
                      1. Doesn't sound any worse than a track day from any of the guys, and a professional driver should be better than a "wanna be."
                      2. Since I don't want to replace a clutch earlier than 200k miles, I'd personally pass. :rolf:

Comment

A professional driver would more likely wear out your brakes prematurely than your clutch. Pros are smooth. Still a good deal!
                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Red cars are worth $ 1000/day/
                          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                          Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                          Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
                            Red cars are worth $ 1000/day/
                            Maintenance charge....

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by EvanJR View Post
                              The Commercial is looking to shoot in Los Angeles (likely a lot in Beverly Hills). The rims are a question of branding. It will depend on TireRack's approval of the existing rims. If we did end up providing rims I can not confirm that they would be offered to the owners after filming. Either way we will have a tire tech on set to assist with all tire mounting.

Are you interest??? We'd love to have you.
                              Is there a contract, disclaimer and damage waiver for this filming that can be viewed in advance?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Gary (and everyone)

The vehicle would be covered by a standard Film Production Insurance Policy and you would be named additionally insured as to protect you from any ancillary claims.

Please submit images tonight if you're invested. The decisions are being made in the am.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X