Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good reason to visit San Diego in October: Car Control Clinic & Autocross day 10/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good reason to visit San Diego in October: Car Control Clinic & Autocross day 10/15

Here's one for all the ladies out there (and hint hint... many of you men out there know a lady or two who might enjoy this a LOT so don't tune out on me here!):

Ladies only Car Control Clinic and Autocross day.
    Saturday, October 15, 2016 (ALL DAY!)
    San Diego (Qualcom stadium)
    $50

What this is:
    A chance for women to get some seat time on an autocross course and learn about car control AND have a freaking blast with other women while doing it in a safe and controlled environment. Not that I'm saying men aren't supportive, but maybe you want to hang with the girls for a change of pace and not have to worry about any judgments or pressure you might (not saying *your* guy does this, but some do) feel from having the men hanging about trying to be helpful and all.

Run what you brung:
    You do not need a race car or even a sports car. I've seen family sedans at autocrosses and gosh darn it they can get around a course plenty impressively too, when you know how to drive them. No minivans, Jeeps, or SUVs though. Too high of a center of gravity.

Why you want to do this:
    It's just plain fun. And aside from that, it's an opportunity to learn a lot about just how much more your car can do than you might have realized. And yes, this can save your life on the road. And did I mention it's just plain fun?! Oh, and NO shagging cones like on a regular autocross day, and they are bringing in LUNCH for us too! All of this for only $50. This is a STEAL! Seriously.

Don't have a helmet? That's not a problem. If you don't have one, can't afford one, don't have one to borrow, let the organizers know and they almost always can help out with extra helmets. See details in the link below to Rachel Mill's facebook post.

I'm going. Literally, it took me all of 10 seconds to make this decision to go. It's that good of a deal. A few ladies I know from LA are going too. Like many others, I'll be driving in Friday night and stay somewhere locally. And many will also stay over Saturday night too since there is a co-ed autocross event the next day. Ideally, we will all meet up for happy hour and have a great time of it swapping stories and whatnot.

So come on out, ladies. Let's make this the most awesome ladies car day ever!

Note: Even though this is being hosted by the BMW CCA, you do not need to have a BMW to attend. You don't even have to like BMWs, but I wouldn't say that out loud or anything. Okay?

https://www.facebook.com/rachel.mill...06439849552702

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...6#.V7N8wPkrK70
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send your fingerprints off to Washington!"
    And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. ~Arlo Guthrie
Working...
X