This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tukatz View Post
    My signature still needs work, but my profile has been updated.
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! And again, thank you! You have no idea... Every time you would post something before you fixed this, I had to scroll three screens on my phone just to get through the giant broken link images in your signature. Oh what a relief now!
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
      Our last AutoX together....Hiro, Michael, and me. It was fun! I'm going to come and do Marana if I can get brakes all hooked up.
      Another activity that's a lot of fun is a 'Test and Tune'. The NJ/PCA (NNJR) runs these in the morning twice a year with an Auto-X (Solo 2) in the afternoon. It's set up to fine tune your skills in 3 areas: Skid Pad (usually wet down), Slalom, and Braking. On the Skid Pad you hold the steering wheel at a give turn-in and feeling how the car comes in and out of the ark with just the throttle. The Braking exercise is my favorite. You get up to about 70, brake, then throttle steer (if your good) through a sharp acute turn, then on the gas heading for a row of cones. The objective is come to a full stop right at the cones. A Slalom is a Slalom. You get a lot of track time here, run get back in line run again.

Comment

We have the same elements setup for our Street Survival school in November that I help instruct for. We normally have two cone circles setup with about a 30' radius for each and will use that teach identifying and controlling oversteer/understeer. In the afternoon, we wet down one of them so they can immediately feel the differences between wet and dry handling.

Comment

Michael, where can I find more infor on the Street Survival School in November?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
            Michael, where can I find more infor on the Street Survival School in November?

Thanks,
            There is links on the main AZ Border Region page: http://www.azbrscca.org/

More details in the Street Survival FAQ section: http://streetsurvival.org/schools/fr...sked-questions

Normally the school is aimed at 15-21 year olds. You can contact the coordinator Kris Tvedt (reg-trss -at- azsrscca.org) with any questions not in the FAQ.

Comment

Thanks, Michael. I figure that I'm never too old to learn more about my car's handling abilities or even about handing in wet street environments.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                Thanks, Michael. I figure that I'm never too old to learn more about my car's handling abilities or even about handing in wet street environments.
                Of course not. I would definitely check with Kris regarding registration. Often times they'll have parents sign up to participate with their kids, so I don't see them denying you. Best to check beforehand though.

Comment

I've sent off an email. I appreciate your help and information.

Comment

Working...
                  X