X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapter Director's Intro

Chapter Director's Intro

Hi! Welcome to S2KCA-LA. My name is Roseanne Murphy (R.Murphy) and I am your Los Angeles Chapter Director. I bought my Rio Yellow Pearl S2000 new in 2007 and I've been in love with the car ever since -- some days more than others, of course, but it's never let me down and never fails to bring a smile to my face when I drive it.

I have driven some form of convertible since I was in my early 20s. For at least 15 years I drove Miatas, then came the S2000. I don't foresee my interest in convertibles changing any time soon! For about 3 years I also owned a 2005 Lotus Elise, but it just couldn't replace the S2000, and so when a vehicle had to be sold, it was the Lotus that went. The S2000 checks every box on my must-have list and it does it in spades.

For several years I have been organizing regularly scheduled drives, track days, and other car-related events via a Facebook-based entity called The EOQ Drive Group. While The EOQ Drive group is non-denominational (not Marque specific), many of the members of the group happen to be S2000 owners. I look forward to creating even more events specifically for S2000 owners and members of S2KCA.

My goal with S2KCA-LA is to create a strong membership base, encourage community and fellowship, and provide value to those who associate with us. I hope to achieve this by creating interesting drives, events, and other get-togethers both here in the local LA area as well as in coordination with other regional groups such as San Diego and the Bay area chapters. With S2KDays being hosted here in sunny SoCal in 2018, I look forward to showcasing our home location and sharing with others the wonderful playground we get to hang out in every day of the year.

Keep an eye on this thread for a link to the Facebook page currently under construction for the Los Angeles chapter!

And once again, welcome to S2KCA-LA!

Below: Shameless self-promotion of my S2000 while participating in the After Drive for S2KDays 2016 Durango (it's my ShutterFly calendar image for July 2017) and one of many shots snapped by Sandeep R (sandman) at White Sands, NM, on the way to S2KDays 2017 Fredericksburg.

Click image for larger version  Name:	19702751_10212643478229173_8743853283621024966_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	264.0 KB ID:	1649474

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0020.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	1649476
    Last edited by R.Murphy; 07-24-2017, 09:57 PM.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Long time member of S2KCA and recent transplant to the Los Angeles area.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Congrats Roseanne. Looking forward to some combined events and efforts for club members.
      06 Grand Prix White S2000
      08 Apex Blue Pearl S2000 CR (#363)

Comment

Working...
      X