Clear All

Sadly, I only took about 3 pics today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_120658.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	1660649​​​​​​​
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Comment

^Is that Mario's NSX? More pics, please!!!

Comment

That area is one of my favorites in California. There's a lot of California that I love. I just don't know about the politics these days.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
          . I just don't know about the politics these days.
          No one knows about politics anywhere anymore and that's why we don't discuss it when there are awesome drives to be had and places to be enjoyed.
          -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Gene, yes that's Mario's newest NSX. It's quite nice. Busy weekend and I hardly took any pictures. Karen and Greg took a bunch though and I'm looking forward to seeing them.
            Last edited by R.Murphy; 09-24-2018, 02:28 AM.
            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

This was a spectacular weekend! We learned a lot on this trip and will incorporate what we learned into a return visit. I’m thinking that late spring would be an excellent time to do this trip again.

I didn’t get any photos from the first day, but I took several today. I will get the good shots posted tomorrow.
              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                This was a spectacular weekend! We learned a lot on this trip and will incorporate what we learned into a return visit. I’m thinking that late spring would be an excellent time to do this trip again.

I didn’t get any photos from the first day, but I took several today. I will get the good shots posted tomorrow.
                This is definitely one we will do again! The Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Forest drive was amazing! We had a couple of unexpected bits, but nothing we couldn't handle. And overall it was just a phenomenal drive.

Great company, great cars, great canyons, and fabulous memories.
                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	1660704

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	1660705

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	1660706

Name:	IMG_0944.jpg
Size:	496.7 KB
ID:	1660707

Name:	IMG_0945.jpg
Size:	541.3 KB
ID:	1660708

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Size:	508.0 KB
ID:	1660709

Name:	IMG_0957.jpg
Size:	509.7 KB
ID:	1660710

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Size:	541.7 KB
ID:	1660711

Name:	IMG_0969.jpg
Size:	622.9 KB
ID:	1660712

Name:	IMG_0972.jpg
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	1660713

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	1660714

Name:	IMG_0977.jpg
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	1660715

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	1660716

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	1660717

Name:	IMG_0985.jpg
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	1660718

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg
Size:	413.7 KB
ID:	1660719

Name:	IMG_0993.jpg
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	1660720

Name:	IMG_0998.jpg
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	1660721

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg
Size:	349.7 KB
ID:	1660722

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg
Size:	543.4 KB
ID:	1660723
                  S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Comment

Wow! That looks like a fantastic trip. I hope that I can make it one day.

Comment

Thanks for sharing! What a gorgeous part of the country. Brings back lots of memories. You two should make an effort to go camping - like with tents - along the Kings River.

This is one of my favorite places in the US: https://mapcarta.com/23157716

You can't take your S2000 though.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

There was supposed to be a camping group in this drive. In fact, one of the people most emphatic to do this drive/location was all excited about camping. Offered to haul everyone's stuff up in his Tacoma and meet us at the campground. And then right after I announced the drive with all the details, he went ghost on us. Hate it when people do that, but I hear it's the new thing to do, this "ghost" thing. No one else who initially expressed interest in the camping ever spoke up again about camping and several fairly quickly RSVP'd as not able to go. So, I'll stick with hotels. Let someone else make the bed.

*shrug*

I liked it how it went.
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                          Thanks for sharing! What a gorgeous part of the country. Brings back lots of memories. You two should make an effort to go camping - like with tents - along the Kings River.

This is one of my favorite places in the US: https://mapcarta.com/23157716

You can't take your S2000 though.
                          I'm guessing Rose Anne's idea of roughing it is not having a turned down bed and a chocolate on her pillow.
                          S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

I'm guessing Rose Anne's idea of roughing it is not having a turned down bed and a chocolate on her pillow.
                            Sounds about right.

I've camped. I didn't care for it much. A few years older now since the last time and I'm even less likely to be able to tolerate it. And I have terrible reactions to mosquito bites. They seem to fly in from miles away to inflict their nasty welts upon me.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I'm going to name my next red car Roseanne.

sigpic
                              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Short video of our drive through the trees.

Comment

Was that slowed down or were you really going the speed limit?

sigpic

Comment

I believe that was inside the national park.
                                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                                        Was that slowed down or were you really going the speed limit?
                                        We were in the park and the posted speeds ranged from 25-45 mph. It just gave us the opportunity to take in the spectacular view. The video does not do justice to the beauty of the area.

Comment

I'm well aware. I used to drive those roads occasionally, and loved every mile.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X