Coming Soon, Fall 2019: Tech Day LA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon, Fall 2019: Tech Day LA.

Coming this Fall/Winter: EOQ Drive Group Tech Day.

Check back in the coming months for more info. Expect it to be an all-day thing with food and a variety of projects going on which we will all pitch in on and help.

What is it:
    A gathering at someone's home or shop. Bring your parts and projects. Generally, ​each person will turn wrenches on their own project, but others are around to assist as needed. I am hoping some of the more knowledgeable and experienced will attend to provide guidance.

And/or detailing day. I have been thinking of investing in a random orbital buffer. I would share it with others if they contribute for polishing pads and polish. That sort of thing.​​​​​​

Also in the works: EOQ Holiday Party.
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

My car is overdue for a thorough detailing. That will be my focus during this event. I will also install the OEM AP1 front lip that I was able to source earlier this year.

I have a contact at a company that refinishes/restores headlights. I may be able to get a discount if multiple people want their headlights restored.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
      Coming this Fall/Winter: EOQ Drive Group Tech Day.

I have been thinking of investing in a random orbital buffer. I would share it with others if they contribute for polishing pads and polish. That sort of thing.​​​​​​

Also in the works: EOQ Holiday Party.
      The Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action random orbital was my choice and I believe still the best polisher for those who don't want to risk burning your paint.
      https://www.autopia-carcare.com/ulti...-polisher.html

Porter Cable link https://www.portercable.com/products...olisher/7424xp

Comment

The Griots Garage 6” RO polishers have a bit more power available when the use is ready for it, while the Porter Cable is limited. Both are good for beginners, yet the GG6 comes with a life-time warranty. The PC does not.
        Last edited by AZS2KDancer; 08-05-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

We have three tech days on the calendar this Fall! Detailed post to follow in a day or two, but put on your calendar the following dates:

Sunday Oct 6, 9am - 5pm -- location Ontario, CA
          Sunday Oct 27, 9am - 5pm -- location Sierra Madre, CA
          Sunday Nov 10, 9am-5pm -- location Aliso Viejo, CA
          Last edited by R.Murphy; 10-06-2019, 10:54 PM. Reason: Update dates
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
          The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Comment

Great tech day! Here are a few pics.

A5A1B9FE-2C48-4529-991E-4D1FD3A91D37.jpeg
            C87B7795-5733-47A3-95EE-2D90ECE50442.jpeg
            F6D621FB-E297-42A6-9CD9-CE5C588B1C5D.jpeg
            AA1EA23E-BE17-4F94-B0D3-919998341CAC.jpeg
            FF6CF903-C20B-4687-AF5A-08A7A624E95F.jpeg
            5D2117E6-9A28-4E18-9DA4-08618BF13A95.jpeg

S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

I love that we had women at our tech day working on their cars.

And then there was this:
              20191006_151231.jpg

This thing was such a beast! I could get into so much trouble with this. A bit rough on certain things, but damn this thing could boogie.

20191006_151156.jpg
              -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

I'm envious, we should do one of these (if for no other reason than a BBQ party).
                It'd have to be in Sacto though, that's where the most members are. Great idea anyway.
                Sweet looking camp chair Roseanne, looks like it has everything but a built in cooler. (Or does it...?)
                2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                  I'm envious, we should do one of these (if for no other reason than a BBQ party).
                  It'd have to be in Sacto though, that's where the most members are. Great idea anyway.
                  Sweet looking camp chair Roseanne, looks like it has everything but a built in cooler. (Or does it...?)
                  Tech days are great fun! You can have one anywhere there is space (and tools). Doesn't really matter if you hold it in a more out of the way location. People who really want to work on something and/or enjoy the company of friends will come. This one was in Ontario (out near San Bernardino) which is significantly east of LA. The next one will be in Sierra Madre which is near Pasadena and that's northeast of LA. Next one will be south, in Orange County. Might pick up some San Diego attendees with that one.

Chair belonged to the host, I think. Not sure whose it was. I just plopped down into it when things were getting a bit too toasty. It was a great day! Warm, but great.
                  -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Trust you to find the best seat in the house!
                    (I've got a similar power that aims me at the booze, wherever it's hiding)
                    2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Working...
                    X