• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EOQ Drive -- Q3 2019: Rim of the World Cruise

Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 8:45 AM – 3 PM

Meet up spot:
    https://goo.gl/maps/snWYj9kt4CwEDdpC9
    Santa Fe and Salt Lake Trail Monument near Cajon Junction

Don't miss this great cruise along some of the most scenic byways in SoCal! Rolling out toward Big Bear across Rte 138 to Rte 18 through Running Springs and to the north side of Big Bear Lake into Fawnskin where we will stop for brunch at the North Shore Cafe. Excellent reviews abound for this cute mountain cafe. After brunch we will continue along the north shore and a few scenic stops along the way down Rte 38 into Mill Creek with a stop at the Mill Creek Visitor Center. Potty stop there. And those who need to head out can do so. Anyone game for the optional after drive and picnic, stick around and head back up to the north shore of Big Bear Lake. Nothing like a relaxing time by the lake with some tasty snacks and an awesome view in the solitude of the mountains.

BigBearPic.png

BBmap.PNG

Last edited by R.Murphy; 09-04-2019, 11:27 AM. Reason: Mill Creek, not Mill Valley
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

September quote of the month:
    Expecting everyone to ​"live by the golden rule" sounds great, until it occurs to you: clearly you haven't considered that there is a very large portion of the population which is into B&D and S&M.

​​​​​Overheard at SW Tour 2019:
    "Okay, Gene. You eat your nuts; I got the wheel."

20190902_172108.jpg
    20190902_211952.jpg

20190902_172555.jpg
    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Expecting everyone to ​"live by the golden rule" sounds great, until it occurs to you: clearly you haven't considered that there is a very large portion of the population which is into B&D and S&M.

Comment

I spy some spare S2KDays 2018 coolers!

Comment

Originally posted by joephotographer View Post
        I spy some spare S2KDays 2018 coolers!
        Always representing! Not spare though. One is mine. One is Jason's.

They are awesome coolers, work really well, and I love using them. On the trip to King's Canyon Sequoia National Forest in July, I had mine sitting on my passenger seat. A pedestrian walked by, complimented the car, and commented on how the cooler matched the car color.

Pic above is on the edge of Big Bear Lake. It was a nice day, and I know it will be an equally fun trip for the group in two weeks.
        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Here is a closer pic of S2KCA swag in use.

20190911_111109.jpg

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Very romantic with two. Love the menu and the view.

Comment

I've given some thought to driving out after the Double Devil and know that time-wise, it is possible to get over there by midnight. Yet that wouldn't allow me enough time to get up early for the meet-up on Sunday morning. I'd have to high-tail it back to AZ that same night, so that is a lot of road time that I'm not sure I'm up for at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                I've given some thought to driving out after the Double Devil and know that time-wise, it is possible to get over there by midnight. ...
                I think that would be an ill-advised plan. I mean, I know some folks who would do it, but it seems a little too much to take on.

Next time. I'm sure we will do it again, or some variation on the theme.
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Thank you for your thoughtful advise. I’ll look forward to another opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                  X