EOQ Adventure: Sunday, June 28, 2020 - Idyllwild Panoramic Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOQ Adventure: Sunday, June 28, 2020 - Idyllwild Panoramic Highway

Click image for larger version  Name:	CD8BD61F-F68C-4E29-A1A6-8F444339FEE2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	529.5 KB ID:	1671949

It's time for a new drive to someplace different and a trip up to Idyllwild. This is going to be a lot of fun with some really great roads! We will meet up in Banning, then drive up State Route 243 (the Banning-Idyllwild Panoramic Highway) to Idyllwild and Mountain Center. We will continue on down SR 74 (the Pines to Palms Highway) into Palm Desert, then reverse course and have lunch at the Sugarloaf Cafe about 10 miles back up SR 74. After lunch we will continue back to Banning and make a few scenic stops along the way.

So get your car prepped. Let's begin our 2020 EOQ Adventures!

Click image for larger version  Name:	9B242A17-2483-42EB-B328-444DFC9B8EDD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	684.6 KB ID:	1671950
    Last edited by 4U2NV; 03-11-2020, 10:55 PM.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

EOQ Q1 DRIVE POSTPONED.

New date and info will be posted when we have it.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
    -Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
    -Randy Pausch

Comment

**** June 28, 2020 ****
      9:00am - 2:30pm

>> Physical Distancing Required.
      >> If you exit your car for any reason, a mask is required.
      >> Food stop: Sugarloaf Cafe, but you can also bring your own food/snack and a camping chair. In fact, bring the camping chair regardless just so you have options.

>> LIMIT 20 VEHICLES. Sign up now. "Maybe" or "interested" does not hold you a spot. No Flake Rule will be enforced. <<

Meet up spot:
      BANNING HIGH SCHOOL (parking lot)
      100 W Westward Ave
      Banning, CA 92220
      9am meet up
      Drive should end about 2:30pm ish

Welcome to 2020!

It's time for a new drive to someplace different and a trip up to Idyllwild. This is going to be a lot of fun with some really great roads! We will meet up in Banning, then drive up State Route 243 (the Banning-Idyllwild Panoramic Highway) to Idyllwild and Mountain Center. We will continue on down SR 74 (the Pines to Palms Highway) toward Palm Desert. We will stop at The Sugarloaf Cafe for an early lunch (or brunch if you prefer). They have outdoor seating and will call your name to pick up your food. They require masks at the order area, if you are near anyone else who isn't a member of your own household, or if you use the restroom. I recommend you check out the menu ahead of time to cut down on any wait time while standing in the appropriately physically distanced line to order (https://www.thesugarloafcafe.com/menu).

After lunch/brunch, we will continue down the hill toward Palm Desert, make a left into the parking area for the Art Smith trailhead which is perfect for a nice lazy drive-thru turn-around. Those who want to take off and head back west by way of the more direct freeway can continue down the 74 which becomes Monterey Ave and pick up Interstate 10. The die-hards will stick around and continue the reverse trip back up SR 74 and down SR 243 into Banning.

Face masks are mandatory if you exit your car.

1) Bring your walkie-talkie if you have one.
      2) Full tank of gas, sunscreen, water, and HAND SANITIZER.
      3) A camping chair if you have one (you might find that the best place to sit is in your own chair under a shade tree).

We only have two lead drivers on this run, so we will have two drive groups and our total car limit is 20. You are welcome to bring a passenger, but our total vehicle limit is 20 (ten per each drive group).

If you have any questions, post them up here.

We may have been delayed, but now that we know how to have a drive and still be responsible and avoid the plague, let's begin our 2020 EOQ Adventures!
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

-Eric Arthur Blair

If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
      -Randy Pausch

Comment

4U2NV Could you please update the title of this thread to reflect the updated date of Sunday June 28? Thanks!
        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

We had a great drive on Sunday. There was a nice mix of S2000s, NSXs, and Civic Type Rs. Everyone wore their masks and kept their social distance during our breaks and lunch stop. Here are a few pictures from the drive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0414EF70-58C4-4958-A69B-1A4D88D96210.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	1673096

Name:	AAEDA99F-147F-4720-B739-239F12D109B1.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	522.3 KB
ID:	1673095

Name:	F3E8A7C9-9512-4D7A-929F-A30CD32150D3.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	1673094

Name:	18CA40EB-A28B-4992-92BF-338253C98249.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	1673093
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18 | Gettysburg, PA - 19

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

It was a good day. I'm glad we could have a drive and do it with some level of safety from the virus. The increase in infections is serious and we need to act responsibly while still enjoying our passion for the drives.
            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Someone sent me a photo of my car at the meet up point. This is the first photo of it with my new OEM lip and the aftermarket lip protector/splitter. It's pretty. And it gets driven as God intended.

Name:	FB_IMG_1593497611956.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1673102
              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Is that black thing in the middle a license holder or part of the splitter?
                David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post
                  Is that black thing in the middle a license holder or part of the splitter?
                  California law requires a front plate. Since I'm not fond of giving LE a lame excuse for pulling me over (I only like giving them real reasons, apparently), I opted to modify an aftermarket mounting bracket and put my plate on. We used a straight metal bracket, gave it the appropriate bend, then drilled holes in the splitter in the area which is sandwiched between the lip and splitter, then attached the black metal bracket to the splitter. Because I wanted it to have a more "finished" look to it, I added a license plate frame and black screw head covers. You can't actually see my plate because the guy who took the picture opted to black out the plate info. He did that for the Fiesta ST behind me too (but white, since that plate is white).

Added benefit of the front plate as it is mounted is that it sticks out just far enough that the plate frame would crunch against an extra high parking curb before my splitter or lip would. The plate frame is easy to get a replacement for if I mung it up.
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Ahhhh, good idea! We are lucky. As of 1 July we are no longer required to have a front plate.
                    David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                    '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                    '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                    '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                    '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                    '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                    '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Looks good Roseanne, nice idea for the plate mount. Should I assume Jason made the bumper protector, or had you found a retail source for one?
                      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post
                        Looks good Roseanne, nice idea for the plate mount. Should I assume Jason made the bumper protector, or had you found a retail source for one?
                        Thanks! I think it came out quite well and am very pleased with the end result.

I purchased this lip protector awhile back. The vendor, LOWPROaero, has since stopped making them. I got one of the last ones.

I do know that Jason is looking to make or get one too. Really should have made a template from mine before installing it. I still have the box that the lip came in, and that cardboard would be ideal for making a template. I still could do that without taking the lip protector off. But the shape and mounting points would be different for an AP1.
                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	20200628_100734.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	1673168
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	20200628_101203.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	1673170
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	20200628_103639.jpg
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1673172
                              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1593907843314.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	1673174
                                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1593907963577.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1673176
                                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1593907979074.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1673178
                                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1593907989676.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1673180
                                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1593908029727.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1673182
                                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

-Eric Arthur Blair

-Randy Pausch

Comment

Working...
                                        X