Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	1675137

Sunday, October 4, 2020
    8:30am to 2:30pm

Meet up location:
    Parking lot at Civic Center Drive and Vista Pacifica, Malibu CA
    GPS coordinates: 34.0369384, -118.6988714

Back to the Bu, but with a twist.

Time to try a new route. We are adding a road which we used to avoid, but which is now an amazing bit of fun, and it's smooth as silk since they finished fully repaving it just a few months ago. It's not Mulholland Highway's the Snake, but it's definitely a tight, challenging bit, and absolutely beautiful with ZERO room for stupid. It's called Yerba Buena and Little Sycamore. So come on out and enjoy the best roads in SoCal with The EOQ Drive Group.

Social distancing and masks required -- no exceptions. If you exit your car, mask on.

Maximum number of cars on this drive will be 30. Seventeen signed up on Facebook already and we have a no-flake rule; that means those 17 *will* be there, and the list will only get longer. We run a tight ship and these are the best organized drives around. You will not be disappointed.

UPDATES:
    Meet up point is at the parking lot for a bus stop on Civic Center Way in Malibu. (THIS IS A NEW SPOT! WE HAVE NEVER MET THERE BEFORE.)

Please be considerate of the neighbors and the church near where we are meeting. Keep the noise down. Approach this location from Malibu Canyon Road, drive to the road closed signs, turn left onto Vista Pacifica, then left into the driveway, and left into the parking lot. Here are the GPS coordinates for it: 34.0369384, -118.6988714

Bring: 1) Full tank of gas. 2) Sunscreen. 3) Water. 4) MASK for ALL participants. 5) FRS walkie-talkies if you have them. 6) Highly recommended: bring a camp chair and your own lunch. We will stop where there is food, but the lines are long and slow. So we strongly suggest bringing your own.

If you get out of your car for ANY reason, PUT YOUR MASK ON! No exceptions.

Our path will take us North on PCH. We will turn right on Latigo Canyon, right onto Malibu Canyon, left onto Mulholland Highway, right to continue Mulholland and Decker Canyon, left to stay on Decker Canyon and all the way down to PCH. At PCH we will turn right and head to Leo Carrillo state beach and enter the parking lot on the right. We will drive straight at the visitor info booth and continue underneath PCH to the beach side toward the furthest possible parking area where we will stop for 15 minutes to stretch, enjoy the view, then take off before we have to pay for parking. (Bring $3 just in case!)

From Leo Carrillo beach, we will continue north on PCH. At Yerba Buena Road (you’ll recognize it because it’s immediately after Neptune’s Net) we will turn right. Follow that as it becomes Little Sycamore Canyon Road and then dead ends into Mulholland Highway. We will then turn left, and then left again to stay on Mulholland. When Decker splits off, we turn RIGHT to stay on Mulholland, then left at the next stop sign to stay on Mulholland. We will cross Kanan Dume Road and go to the Snake Overlook. You’ll go past the “road closed” sign to the fenced in section. Park on the sides of the road safely and we will get out and take a little walk on the paved road to the overlook. It is very different from what it used to look like in years gone by.

After that stretch break, we will head back to Kanan Dume and make a right. Then turn right onto Troutdale Road, and left onto Mulholland Highway. This part is a slow cruise to avoid tickets, so enjoy the scenery and stick with Mulholland to Malibu Canyon Road. We will turn right and head back to PCH. At PCH we will turn left, and then a left at Cross Creek Road. Head for Whole Foods toward the back of the shopping area off of Cross Creek. That is our lunch area. There are clean restrooms both public and at the Whole Foods. The area near the kids zone is nice and there are several unopened businesses with shaded spots where we can sit safely distanced. Masks can come off while eating, of course, but go back on when we are done.

After lunch, it’s a short drive up Malibu Canyon to Piuma. We will turn right on Piuma Road, turn left on Schueren Road. That becomes Saddle Peak and we turn right at the stop sign onto Tuna Canyon. Bottom of Tuna Canyon is the end of our drive.

Any questions?
    Last edited by R.Murphy; 09-27-2020, 10:51 PM.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

The only problem with telling people to live by the Golden Rule is that it fails to take into account the existence of Masochists.

Today I learned: The Golden Rule is a maxim which is found in almost every religion and culture in the world. For instance, in Christian sects, it is attributed to Matthew (7:12). In fact, 143 leaders of the world's major faiths endorsed the Golden Rule as part of the 1993 "Declaration Toward a Global Ethic." Essentially no religion misses it entirely, and a belief in God is not necessary to endorse it. So technically, it's not even really a religious thing at all.

ZERO room for stupid...I think as usual, I'm going to stick with the slow group then and just enjoy the scenery

Comment

Originally posted by soshfty View Post
      ZERO room for stupid...I think as usual, I'm going to stick with the slow group then and just enjoy the scenery
      Yeah, it's some awesome scenery too.

I just got back from recon'ing for our lunch/break spot. Trying to make sure we have safe and good places to stop and rest/eat/potty is always a challenge, but the Covid-19 aspect adds a whole other level to the complexity.

I also got to drive by Pepperdine and see the Sep 11 memorial Waves of Flags display. There are 2,997 flags. One flag for every life lost on September 11, 2001.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200913_143247.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	1674849

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200913_143158.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	1674850
      -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

The only problem with telling people to live by the Golden Rule is that it fails to take into account the existence of Masochists.

Today I learned: The Golden Rule is a maxim which is found in almost every religion and culture in the world. For instance, in Christian sects, it is attributed to Matthew (7:12). In fact, 143 leaders of the world's major faiths endorsed the Golden Rule as part of the 1993 "Declaration Toward a Global Ethic." Essentially no religion misses it entirely, and a belief in God is not necessary to endorse it. So technically, it's not even really a religious thing at all.

Comment

That is moving.

Comment

Updates made to the meet up point. Drive path image posted.

Here is the map to the before lunch route:
          https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.0...34.0384068!3e0

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Looks like a nice birthday drive for Jason. Hope the weather holds out, the virus God help us, gives out a little, and the fires settle out a lot for you. Enjoy it old man! Happy Birthday!
            This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Drive groups are used to sort ourselves by preferred pace. I'm drafting up the groups this week. Below are the options for preferred pace:

Relaxed.
              Medium.
              More spirited.

Final groupings will be created no later than Friday night.

This drive is going to include the most beautiful stretch of canyon road near the coast (Yerba Buena) and a stop at the currently closed Mulholland overlook at the Snake. See what the famous stretch of road looks like devoid of vehicles as nature tries to take it back.

There may or may not be small flat plastic bits with ink on them available to Club members to acquire at this drive.
              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Oh... and we have some giveaways. I got my Club welcome packet and am excited to be able to share some of my S2KCA goodies with folks via the random wheel of names app.
                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Roseanne i never got mine from july.......

Comment

Originally posted by S2KAP2 View Post
                    Roseanne i never got mine from july.......
                    You mean Welcome Packet? Hmm, well, the best thing to do is probably post in the Welcome Thread and ask Rose Mary about it. Looks to me like you are listed as having renewed in August. I know it feels like forever when you are waiting for something exciting, but it looks like it's been 2 months for you. Mine took a bit longer than that -- about 6. Contact Rose Mary and see what's up.

https://www.s2kca.com/forum/public-f...newing-members
                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Its no big thing, i'll wait awhile

Comment

You know Bill or Billy a lot of things have been slow to happen, if at all, this year. Maybe it's on hold waiting to be sanitized.
                        One way or the other a friendly reminder to Rose Mary might do the trick.

We can smell the smoke every time we go out to get the mail, the poor people up in Napa!
                        (we have a couple of club members up there)
                        2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Sadly, I took ONE picture the entire day (well, three shots of the same thing, so I only count it as one). I'm sure others who attended will share pictures on Facebook and I'll be able to post up those. This was at the end of the drive and several people had already gone on their way home. But it still gets the gist of the happy faces (following pandemic protocol) of people enjoying their cars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201004_144046.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	1675308
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

The old man, and the old girl (the S, just to be clear) look pretty good. Happy Birthday Jason. Looks like you had a good day.
                            This Too Shall Pass

Comment

The silver S2000 in the picture above belongs to Andrew.

-Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Name:	FB_IMG_1601916409078.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1675324

Name:	FB_IMG_1601916629638.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1675325
                                -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                  The silver S2000 in the picture above belongs to Andrew.
                                  Oh, well then. I guess it still looks good. Thank you so much for the correction.
                                  This Too Shall Pass

Comment

Well if you’ve seen one ‘gray’ S2000 you’ve seen them all!
                                    David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                                    '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                                    '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                                    '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                    '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                                    '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                                    '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
                                      [/ATTACH]

Name:	FB_IMG_1601916629638.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1675325
                                      I seem to recognize this from S2KDays 2018. Is this at the bottom of Tuna Canyon?

Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
                                      2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by jukngene View Post

I seem to recognize this from S2KDays 2018. Is this at the bottom of Tuna Canyon?
                                        Yes it is. Good eye!
                                        -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                                        X