No announcement yet.

EOQ Netflix Watch Party -- Documentary Night. Thurs Jan 7, 2021 at 6:30pm PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOQ Netflix Watch Party -- Documentary Night. Thurs Jan 7, 2021 at 6:30pm PT

EOQ Netflix Watch Party -- Documentary Night. Thurs Jan 7, 2021 at 6:30pm PT

Click image for larger version

Name:	ways-save-movie-theater-tickets-1068x713.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1676865

The first ever EOQ watch party this past weekend went great (the drinking games in the second feature may have been ill-advised, but otherwise it was totally awesome), so we are having another. This one will be more serious, though, and no drinking games. It's a documentary. Uppity - The Willy T. Ribbs Story.

I expect this show will make us think.

I will create and provide link to the watch party about 15 minutes before meet up time. We gather at 6:30 PM Pacific Time, and the movie will start by 6:45pm.
    In the meantime, make sure you have Chrome installed on your desktop computer (sorry... this doesn't work on tablets or phones), the Teleparty extension installed and tested, and an active Netflix streaming account to use from your desktop.

Here is what you need:
    1) A Netflix streaming account. Get one here: www.netflix.com
    2) Google Chrome browser on your desktop computer (will NOT work on iPhone, iPad or Android tablets/phones). If you don't already have it, download here: https://www.google.com/chrome/
    3) The Teleparty (formerly Netflix Party) extension. Get it here:
    https://www.netflixparty.com/#intro and follow steps 01, 02, and 03 on that page. If you follow those steps, you will install the TP extension.

NOTE that you'll see reference to the "NP" icon, but they really mean TP icon.

You can (and should) play with it and start a party per the instructions in step 04. You can customize your Avatar and Nickname there (by default, I think it makes you a cat avatar... could prove to be confusing later). When I create the event, I'll put a link to the actual party in the event info. So test this out in advance, and we'll have watch party tomorrow (Thursday) night! Make sure you have your snacks ready and potty breaks out of the way.

Oh... and step 05 (just remember it means TP instead of NP) is what you do when it is time to join the watch party.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uppity.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	1676866

-Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Full disclosure, I picked this both for the intention of creating thoughtful conversations about equality and opportunity, and because I have a little bit of a personal link with the subject matter. Willy T drove for Dan Gurney's All American Racers during the time when my ex-husband was crew chief and race team manager at AAR. At the time, I traveled as much as I could to the races, so I got to see a bit of Willy T firsthand.

About the title of the movie: Goal oriented, stand-on-the-gas, independent-thinking black men who "don't know their place" have historically been labeled uppity. Typically that was followed by the N word. I hope the documentary gives us something to think about and discuss.

-Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of. -Geri Weitzman

Comment

Working...
    X