Putting out the feelers on selling my S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting out the feelers on selling my S

I figured I'd start here before I list the car on actual car sites.

I have a 2008 Chicane on Red S2000 with just under 35k miles on it. I've owned the car since 1500 miles, I have all records for it under my care (which is really just what I've purchased for it). I've been diligent with fluid changes. The car is stored winters and is almost all stock (PRM Intake, top down speed sensor defeat, Modifry organizer, Kenwood HU....I think that's it). I just replaced the tires with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, so they have a couple thousand miles on them. I'm not doing this car any justice by having it sit in the garage as I don't live anywhere near roads that willingly get me out to enjoy the car.

Thoughts? Questions?

Asking price?

Comment

Going by KBB and what I see online that's similar to mine, I am thinking $28,500 BO

Comment

sorry to hear your selling, but good luck
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        KE0BND
        What other people think of me, is none of my business
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

I can attest to the quality of Bob’s S2000. He has maintained his car very meticulously. Whoever purchases his S2000 will be getting a gem.
          S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
          | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Thanks, Jason and Coop. It's a hard decision, but I'd rather see it go to a good home and get some usage! I'll be back in a sports car someday......

Comment

Interested, if you’re serious about selling. Location? Just joined the forum, so haven’t found a private messaging function.
              Denny

Comment

Originally posted by dmb View Post
                Interested, if you’re serious about selling. Location? Just joined the forum, so haven’t found a private messaging function.
                Denny
                Hi Denny! Welcome to the club!

I can't help you with the car buying, but I can help you regarding the private messages. You can click on the little chat bubble next to the user's name at the left side of the screen within the thread and it will open a new private conversation with the person and even reference the current thread for you. See first image below.

Or you can go into the Messages section and click Compose a new message. Just click on "Messages" at the top right of your screen next to your username. See second image below.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I sent you a private message.

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG
                -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
                California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
                https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Oh BOB! WEEPING! Oh my dear. I am grieeeeeeeved to hear this. And I am more grieved to not be able to buy it from you right now!
                  This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Nooooooooooooo Bob!!!! Don't do it!!!

Comment

Just put it on a battery tender and the tires on blocks and a cover in your garage. I fear that the regret of selling it now will not be restored with another sports car, if not an S2000, in the future.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. It's still on the tender and the tires at 50 psi.....I just haven't had time to summer-ize it even! Arthritis in my knee is a big culprit in my thoughts on selling. I'm hoping it will go to a good home in the club here!

Comment

Ouch! That doesn't sound like fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X