Mint 2001 Black on Black with 10,189 miles for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint 2001 Black on Black with 10,189 miles for sale

My wife and I inherited a beautiful 2001 S2000. Unfortunately we don’t need another automobile especially a beautiful auto like this one so we’re going to sale it. It’s always been garaged except the last week while we wait for a storage unit. This S2000 is a black on black soft top with a multi disk changer in the truck. Apparently there is a small chip on the outside but I haven’t found it yet. I know about the chip because my brother in law went to a body shop to have it repaired. The body shop said “never” let anyone try to repair the very minor chip. The inside is perfect as well, all in all I’d say the car is in mint condition and the Mileage at 10,189 miles is an indicator it has been taken very good care of. I’m reaching out to your club because you are more likely the pro’s regarding this auto. I’m seeing nation wide values from 29K and up when the mileage is this low.
    Questions:
    What do you think it’s worth? Always garaged mint condition 2001 black on black, upgraded stereo with 10,189 miles.
    Should I sale it myself?
    Will it be easy to sale?
    Or should I take it to a dealer and consign it?
    How much do dealers take to consign autos for you?
    Does anyone know a good dealer/consignment for a gem like this in the Seattle area?
    Thank you for any help.

Moved to the for sale forum.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Thank you for moving my request to the proper location. I’m hoping for more advice than selling the car at this point. What is a car like this really worth. BTW: I took it for a little spin the other day and opened it up and I would keep this car over my wife’s Mini Cooper S hands down if she didn’t love her little Cooper.

Comment

I will try to answer your questions and provide some information. I would recommend that you review information at the auction site “bring a trailer”. There seems to be a steady stream of s2000s with low miles. I think the average price for cars similar to yours is in the range of 20,000 and not 30,000.

While the car sounds like it is in excellent condition for its age, there are maintenance item considerations that may impact price. For example, It is likely the car needs new tires, fluid changes for clutch , transmission, differential , brakes, gasoline and similar items. It would be helpful if you were able to fully document t these items.

welcome to the website. I thing the greatest value of an s2000 is the enjoyment of driving it. I think it is time to ditch the cooper s in favor of then s2000.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
        Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
        Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

To answer your questions on selling considerations, you will put more $$$ in your pocket if you sell it yourself. That does come with some hassle, so you'll have to factor that in. You and the car will have to be available for showing to prospective buyers, and probably on the weekends. If this is too inconvenient, you may decide it's better to consign it. I don't know about consignment costs, but a quick internet search for dealers in your area will get you that information. Also, the servicing that speedracer mentioned should be done before you sell. In addition to those items, you should also look at the condition of the rubber bits - hoses, belts, seals, etc. Being garage kept will help preserve them, but you're still looking at a nearly 20 year old car, and rubber breaks down over time, especially not being in use regularly. Lastly, if there is any way you can keep it and enjoy it, you should. That poor car is not even broken in yet. Good luck!

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Thank you all for the good advice. Myself I would have changed all fluids to synthetic day one but my brother-in-law may not have so that’s a must. The tiers are incredible good “surprised” but I have not considered the hoses, belts and seals. Thanks for the value as well depending on maintenance. Thanks again and if I could keep this terrific car I would but I just can’t own a car like this without getting to know the local law authorities. At my age you would think I could but I still can not keep from throttling hard and drifting wide.

Comment

There's a really good group in the Puget Sound area. I suggest you attend one of their lunch events here: https://www.s2kca.com/forum/regional...everyone-lunch

Maybe you can get some tips on driving the car or local knowledge on trusted mechanics or dealers. I think we all have a heavy right foot when driving the S, but good sense and driving etiquette should keep you out of trouble with Seattle's Finest. Getting to know the local club members might sway your opinion on keeping the car, so beware...

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

i saw a similar situation recently. The person drove the car a few times and made sure the maintenance items were good. Please check the manufacture date on the tires. If they are originals then they need to be changed even if they look great.
                Last edited by speedracer; Yesterday, 07:14 PM.
                2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

These cars tend to make more noise than speed. I have discovered that if you keep it in first and run it to 7000 rpm the passenger thinks you are going 150 mph when you are actually going about 25 mph.

Comment

Working...
                  X