Front Wheels and Tires for S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wheels and Tires for S2000

I discovered that my back wheels were actually front wheels with spacers. I replaced them and have two front wheels with perfectly good tires that I would like to sell. They have some minor blemishes but are in good condition, overall. The tires are 205/55 R16 Goodyear Eagles with plenty of tread left. I am asking $200 for the set.

Man I can't believe someone would sacrafice that staggered fat bottom look and put fronts on the rear. I have never seen an S without the fat rear tires. The fatter the better. It's the hips and rear tires that really make our car stand out from a Miata.

I suppose someone wanted a daily driver that could rotate tires all around for an even wear pattern. People do funny things.

Comment

There are no limits to stupidity, Bobby...it's a defining trait!
      2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

I suppose it's easier to sell a car with four identical tires which non enthusiats would think is logical or usual.

When I see Mustangs, Chargers and Camaros out there that are not staggered it's just WRONG!

I guess I am also guilty of poor taste, growing up when every car was jacked up in the rear like a gasser with fat slicks and fake hood scoops.

Sorry for hijacking your thread jwing1. I am sure you'll find a buyer for your original wheels.

Comment

Can't imagine it was done to ease the sale of the car, bone stock is always the best condition for resale.
          Same here, Bobby...grew up with Ed "Big Daddy" Roth and his wild artwork.

Just a thought jwing1, it might help your sale if you were willing to split up the pair. It seems like there would be more people with one damaged wheel they'd love to replace with a clean one at a good price. One way or the other good luck with your sale!

(By the way, it never hurts a sale if it keeps popping up in the latest posts)
          2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Working...
          X