Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GROUP BUY: Second Chance Fleece Jacket Buy; Deadline to participate October 28, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
    I know, that was why I thought it was odd that the badge isn't in her sig. The other four S2KDays badges are there.
    I also don't have it in my sig, because I couldn't find it to post, and I was one of the planners.
    Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 154,000 miles
    2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 43,000 miles

​​​​​

Comment

Getting back to topic...

Barring any unforeseen impediments, the order for the fleeces will be placed with the vendor, 4imprint, on Monday on behalf of all the participants.

Also: If anyone knows Barry Napier, please let him know I have been trying to get in touch with him since Wednesday regarding his request for a jacket. I have emailed, PMd on Facebook, and replied on a post on facebook asking him to get in touch. Anyone who may know him, please let him know to contact me as soon as possible. It's time sensitive and I can't continue to hold up the entire order for this, so I'm trying every possible avenue to reach him before Monday. Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated.

-Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
      The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send your fingerprints off to Washington!"
      And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. ~Arlo Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post
        [B]
        Sorry
        Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
        After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
          Sorry
          Eh. We are like a herd of cats.
          This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

Order placed today for 19 jackets. Additional updates will be posted here and via email to all participants.
            -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
            The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind! We're gonna send your fingerprints off to Washington!"
            And, friends, somewhere in Washington, enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. ~Arlo Guthrie

Comment

I just got the email from 4imprint that the fleece jackets are set to ship to me today. Hopefully, that means I should have them by the weekend and can start packing them up to send to the participants.
              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

That’s good news. Our temperatures are a good 11 degrees F colder than “normal”. I actually wore a sweater this morning.

Comment

They're heeeeeere.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201113_172040.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	1675960
                  -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Thank you for your efforts!

Comment

The fleece jackets are shipping today!

They are all boxed up, shipping labels have been created, and they will be delivered to the post office this afternoon. All participants have already been sent their tracking number via email so they can keep an eye on their shipment once the USPS puts it into their system tonight.

It has been my pleasure to be involved in helping Club members come together as a group to make something happen which might not have been possible otherwise and which was exclusively “ours.” If you are out and about and see someone wearing one of these limited production cozy gray fleeces, you will know they must have some connection to this Club because the S2000 20th Anniversary fleece jacket was only available through the two group buys here.

I hope folks will post up pictures of themselves keeping warm and safe through the many adventures these jackets may accompany them on in the future.
                      -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Thanks for all of your work to pull off these wonderful S2KCA treasures.

Comment

USPS says that the first one of this batch of fleece jackets has been delivered already! I never would have guessed this, but the package that traveled the furthest (from California to Florida!) got delivered the quickest. A couple of others (Phoenix, AZ, and Oceanside, CA) are reported to be out for delivery right now. The rest are still listed as in transit at various regional sorting facilities. They should all be delivered by Monday.

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                          Thanks for all of your work to pull off these wonderful S2KCA treasures.
                          You are welcome, Mark. This year in particular, we all could use a bit of extra warmth in our lives. I hope I have helped provide a little of that in this time of extra need.

Maybe these jackets are like a virtual hug for those I can't actually hug right now. They represent a lot to me: a love of this Club, a love of the diverse people who I've come to know because of the Club, a love of the sports car that inspired three very motivated people to create something bigger than just themselves (and which they definitely accomplished since here we are 20 years later and it is still alive despite the claims by some of its premature demise), and a lot of other sappy but very heartfelt emotions which run quite deep.

Wear it in good health, Mark. May you keep yourself well in this time of need for extra safety precautions.
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Ours is scheduled for a Monday delivery.
                            David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                            '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                            '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                            '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                            '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                            '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                            '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

USPS. For all that we complain about them, you have to admit that this is pretty danged cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201121-110355_Chrome.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	1676122
                              -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Yup! Got it today! Thanks.
                                David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                                '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                                '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                                '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                                '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                                '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                                '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Ours arrived tonight. We haven’t opened the box yet, so it will be our dessert after dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                                    Ours arrived tonight. We haven’t opened the box yet, so it will be our dessert after dinner.
                                    Well, Mark, I have to give you a LOT of credit for advising me to use the Click-n-Ship service. Your suggestion saved me a ton of work, and it saved me a lot of unnecessary exposure during this pandemic, and for that I am eternally grateful!

I was able to create an account, do a bulk import of everyone's shipping info into an online address book, and then create all of my shipping labels, pay for it all, and never step foot into the post office until it was time to bring all of it to their drop off location. And I could have probably scheduled to have them pick it up directly from me, had I wanted to do that too. I was even able to order all of flat rate shipping boxes I needed from the comfort of my own home and have them sent to me... NO CHARGE!

I have never taken on a project like this before and it went so amazingly well. I'm just very, very happy about all of that!

So, thank you, sir.
                                    -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Got mine Saturday! Thanks Roseanne!

Comment

According to USPS, all of the packages have been delivered. So anyone who hasn't received theirs should take a quick look around in the usual hiding spots.

I'm glad this project is done. That's the last of fleece jacket group buys that I'll be organizing for at least a minute.

So the other night, Jason and I were assembling a puzzle that was a gift from his work. I had to laugh at myself when one of the thoughts that crossed my mind was, "I wonder which picture would make for a great puzzle for the Club." Shutterfly does puzzles. It's going to be a long and isolated winter. Folks could use something to occupy their time and simultaneously remind them of their friends with whom they have had so much fun.
                                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

Comment

Working...
                                          X