Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GROUP BUY: INTEREST POST, Sweatshirt with logo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GROUP BUY: INTEREST POST, Sweatshirt with logo.

It's winter.

It's cold.

It's cozy sweatshirt weather!

I'm thinking about putting together a group buy for sweatshirts with an S2000 20th Anniversary logo on it.

If enough people are interested, I'll get more details and organize the group buy. Same kind of situation as the fleece jacket group buys that I did last year. No profit. Flatrate shipping.

Respond here if interested.
    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

Here is that rainbow I've been praying for.
    It's gonna be a bright (bright)
    Bright (bright) sunshiny day.
    - Johnny Nash

Hel? Yes!

Comment

Sure, Roseanne. Count me in again. Thanks.

Comment

The S2KCA Board of Directors still hasn't received your sponsorship request. Please desist marketing anything until you apply for sponsorship. Thank you.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        Random Fact: "In 2007, Scotland spent £125,000 devising a new national slogan. The winning entry was: “Welcome to Scotland”."

Comment

I believe she is simply gauging interest before beginning her marketing efforts.
          S2KDays: 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River || 2011 Black Hills

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
            I believe she is simply gauging interest before beginning her marketing efforts.
            While that may be so (and I certainly have no problem with that) it would be extremely nice to know that something will be given back to S2KCA to provide benefits to the members.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------
            Random Fact: "In 2007, Scotland spent £125,000 devising a new national slogan. The winning entry was: “Welcome to Scotland”."

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I'm interested, but please reply to Ken's post.

Comment

Interested

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post
                    Kind of, but not exactly. The use of the term "marketing" implies that I am advertising and selling something. That is not what I'm doing. What I'm doing is considering organizing a GROUP BUY. Any Club member is allowed to organize a group buy and it does not require the member to be a sponsor. The only limitation which the Club's posting policy states is that the organizer of the group buy may not have a financial stake in it.

I gain nothing from organizing this, so there is no issue. Like the fleece jacket group buy, I would ONLY be offering this to people who come to this forum. And for people to participate, I direct them to this forum for all information. It's completely without profit. I am offering this group buy as an individual, not as any kind of a business entity. All info is disclosed and everyone can see the cost of the sweatshirt listed by the supplier. It's just a group buy like any other group buy.

Basically, I looked in my closet and said, "I want a sweatshirt with an S2000 on it." And if I want one, then perhaps other people in the Club want one too. I get nothing for doing a group buy, and I actually will end up doing a lot of work just to be able to buy a sweatshirt along with everyone else.

My fondest hope is that S2KCA people will be walking around at events wearing these sweatshirts and someone will say, "Hey, where did you get that?" And the person wearing it can say, "It was a group buy that was only available to people who participate in S2KCA. You should join that Club!" So, if any marketing is going on, it is that of trying to draw attention to this Club, not the other way around. I have nothing to gain in this (aside from the personal satisfaction of doing something interesting), but the Club and its members definitely gain.

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post
                    For Sale Guidelines
                    You must be a Forum Member (Forum Guest) for at least 30 days before a For Sale thread is allowed to be made. For sale threads must include a clear description of the item(s) for sale, asking price, and the seller's location. Any registered forum user can post Wanted to Buy threads. All F/S Threads will be approved by a Moderator of S2KCA. This is to be done within 12 hours of the request. The reason for this is to make sure the thread meets the criteria required to sell on S2KCA. Club Members may post links to ebay auctions, autotrader listings, etc. Forum Guests can not post 3rd party links in For Sale threads. Club Members may host group buys, provided the group buy is for the benefit of the club and the hoster does not have a financial stake in it. Forum Guests can not host group buys. Vendors and other for-profit entities may not advertise their company, site, or products without becoming an S2KCA Sponsor. S2KCA Sponsors have greater leeway in posting sales and group buys. If you wish to become an S2KCA Sponsor, please contact a member of the Board of Directors. Do not "bump" for sale threads. "Bump" or "TTT" posts in For Sale threads will be deleted. Caveat Emptor. S2KCA does not offer any protection for buyers or sellers who use the For Sale section.
                    https://www.s2kca.com/forum/public-f...posting-policy
                    -Roseanne

S2KDays: 2019 Gettysburg || 2018 SoCal || 2017 Fredericksburg || 2016 Durango || 2014 Hood River

Miscellaneous Musings:
                    The most important lessons you need to know about life can be learned from a Weeble.

- Johnny Nash

Comment

Could you answer one question? Why are you so resistant to becoming a sponsor?

There is no cost to you. It will prevent any possibility of us running in to problems with our not-for-profit status. It will eliminate all of the need for at minimum five paragraph responses to a one or two sentence question/statement. It quite literally has been presented to you as, "Please present an email to the Board of Directors stating that you would like to be a sponsor." This has gone on now for well, well over a year. For no good reason. I believe that it has lead to discord, and general upset that really doesn't have to be here.

I see your statement, "My fondest hope is that S2KCA people will be walking around at events wearing these sweatshirts and someone will say, "Hey, where did you get that?" And the person wearing it can say, "It was a group buy that was only available to people who participate in S2KCA. You should join that Club!" So, if any marketing is going on, it is that of trying to draw attention to this Club, not the other way around. I have nothing to gain in this (aside from the personal satisfaction of doing something interesting), but the Club and its members definitely gain." and it contradicts the for sale guidelines in that it is promoting JHight Designs. You are promoting a product made with JHight Design logos, through the S2KCA website, and you are not a sponsor.

The Board of Directors has bent over backwards, made requests multiple times, sent you texts, e-mails, tried in multiple ways to give you the opportunity to become a sponsor, to no avail.

Just flipping that switch would be very helpful in alleviating a lot of these issues.
                      This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

While I don’t have a lot of opportunities to wear a sweatshirt, I would really enjoy having one when I do. I appreciate your efforts at organizing a Group Buy, if this works out. I’m in for one in XL size please.

Comment

If the club wishes to forbid individual club members from hosting group buys unless the individual becomes a sponsor, then the posting policy should be changed to reflect that change in policy.

As I am an individual, am not selling any items or services, am not representing any form of business entity (LLC, DBA, INC, etc), do not in any way benefit (monetarily or otherwise), and am not a member of the Board of Directors, this activity does not impact the Club's non-profit status in any way. I am not advertising for anyone or any business in this discussion of a sweatshirt group buy.
                          -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

- Johnny Nash

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                            While I don’t have a lot of opportunities to wear a sweatshirt, I would really enjoy having one when I do. I appreciate your efforts at organizing a Group Buy, if this works out. I’m in for one in XL size please.
                            Thanks for the acknowledgement.
                            -Roseanne

Miscellaneous Musings:

- Johnny Nash

Comment

Working...
                            X