This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4U2NV View Post

These reputation bars have been on the site since we move to the new service two years ago. It has taken time for our community to even notice the change and that’s because everyone started at zero. People started using the new like button and then the bars would appear. We explained this a year ago when people asked what the bars represented.

Yes, they are not needed. Neither are profile pictures, tag lines under the user name, signatures, or any of the other things that vBulletin builds into the forum software. But it is there, and it is all part the the package and it serves a purpose when it is not abused by people playing games. You can click like for peoples post if you want, or you can ignore it. That is your choice.

The system was intended to be a reputation system. When people provide good advice, someone could like the post. A new person to the site can see the higher reputation level and know that they are dealing with a reputable person on the site. But like all systems like this, they can be abused by people just wanting game the system and fake being a solid resource to the community.
    I don't want to sound repetitious, but "actions usually follow explanation". A short note saying that the "reputation" feature was now fully implemented (and Rosie could have cut and pasted the "help" screen) would have gone a long way towards alleviating the confusion on the part of some members.
    Upcoming events:

Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration is Closed! See you soon!.

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Registration will open eventually.

Rock the Dragon 2019 - May 9-12, 2019.See you at the Dragon

"The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets" Al McGuire
    2003 Suzuka Blue #302 "Grovette"
    2008 ABP CR #400 of 699 "Grover"

Comment

It didn’t take a year to implement. It is a default feature of vBulletin. A year ago people asked what the red ticks represented, so we answered. Again, if you really needed the information, it was already there.

By the way, this is the same software that is used by S2KI where you post more frequently. I see that you have many likes on that site as well, so appears that you understand how the system works there as well. As you state in your tag line, you are just being a curmudgeon. Do whatever you want with the like button.
      Oh for heavens sake, apparently reading comprehension is contagious, Read what I posted and then come back and re-type this. I answered what they were for, Someone asked me what they were for. I answered and figured if they didn't know, maybe others didn't either. Your reference to S2KI has absolutely no relevance but thanks for noticing. Apparently you must be hanging out there as well. Now I'm going to have to go and check my "likes". (Incidentally, I'm also on S2000.com. You didn't say anything about that.) I just went and checked on both and whaddya know, I have little "attaboys" there too. How exciting.

Upcoming events:

Gettysburg Get Together IX - September 28-30. Gettysburg, PA Registration is Closed! See you soon!.

Spring Fling 2019 - May 31-June 2, 2019 - Shamokin Dam, PA - We're doing it again! Registration will open eventually.

Comment

Attaboy Ken. Enjoy your reputation ticks. I’m sure they are well deserved. I’m happy to see that you can have a positive attitude about the site that we offer to our club members. I have read all your comments and I clearly comprehend your statements.

Since we all seem to comprehend each other, I fully expect that no further explanation on this topic is required by anyone.

Have a great day!
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
        | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Time to cool it people.
          Coop
          Life Member 57
          KE0BND
          What other people think of me, is none of my business
          It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Attaboy Ken. Enjoy your reputation ticks. I’m sure they are well deserved. I’m happy to see that you can have a positive attitude about the site that we offer to our club members. I have read all your comments and I clearly comprehend your statements.

Since we all seem to comprehend each other, I fully expect that no further explanation on this topic is required by anyone.

Have a great day!
            You too Jason.
            Upcoming events:

Comment

I don't need two little ticks to onow I'm not popular.
              Happiness is a nice road, great weather, and driving the S with Sue in the seat next to me.

"Whatever you do, where ever you go, enjoy the drive."

I know for a FACT that the last year of production of the S2000 is 2003!!!!!
              After that, it will be the S2200 under an assumed name.

Comment

Originally posted by gomarlins3 View Post
                I don't need two little ticks to onow I'm not popular.
                At least you're not persona non grata on S2000.com and S2KI.com. That means something.
                Upcoming events:

Comment

time to close this
                  Coop
                  Life Member 57
                  KE0BND
                  What other people think of me, is none of my business
                  It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Working...