No announcement yet.

thoughts, ideas for future S2KDays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coop, I remember Las Vegas well. It was my first S2KDays also. I had just bought the S a few months before and it was our first long trip in it. I didn't set S2KDays up, just the drives. I had lived in the area many years before so had a little knowledge. The organizers needed someone to set up drives, so the wife and I did an early trip down to ensure the drives were good. I had to do everything from Washington State, except the pre-drives while we visited. That was one of the reasons for the infamous "Okay, how do I get there from here? I'm lost. Anyone got a map?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterboy View Post

sigpic

2013 Subaru BRZ, 2013 Fiat Abarth, 2003 S2000, 2014 Honda CBR 500RA, 1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite,2004 Lakeland Terrier (Sydney)

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
        Coop, I remember Las Vegas well. It was my first S2KDays also. I had just bought the S a few months before and it was our first long trip in it. I didn't set S2KDays up, just the drives. I had lived in the area many years before so had a little knowledge. The organizers needed someone to set up drives, so the wife and I did an early trip down to ensure the drives were good. I had to do everything from Washington State, except the pre-drives while we visited. That was one of the reasons for the infamous "Okay, how do I get there from here? I'm lost. Anyone got a map?"
        Thanks for that information, I knew you had a part in it. While working as a controller, I had to plan my vacation well in advance and it just so happened I had that time off, so I was able to go. It was also right after Lone Star was started and it was during that trip that CThree kicked me off of s2ki for a short time
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        KE0BND
        What other people think of me, is none of my business
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Originally posted by The Mangonel View Post
          Reminds me of this trip:
          Which way did they go.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

Reminds me of this trip:
            Which way did they go.jpg
            Gotta love it
            Coop
            Life Member 57
            KE0BND
            What other people think of me, is none of my business
            It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

https://www.simplemost.com/here-is-t...m_content=KNXV

Anyone up tor this trip?
              Who doesn’t love a good road trip? One of the many great things about our country is that you can experience so many unique and amazing things by just jumping in a car. The challenge is that with so many cool spots to visit, where do you even start? Thankfully,

Comment

The Ultimate Road Trip is awesome. I would have to do this in segments; but, it certainly provides the genesis of future amazing road trips!

Comment

9 days of driving, and a month or more of sightseeing. I'm down after I retire.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                  2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                  Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

My thoughts and ideas for future s2k days are reflections on what is like to attend and what it is like to host.
                    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

I believe that hosting s2 k days should always be done by 2 or more people. We all have normal lives and responsibilities that can be unpredictable. Sometimes there is a change at work or a health issue that changes someone's situation . Having a partner to pick up the slack or just fill in to pull the event together is critical to making future s2kdays happen.

Based on our general format there are certain core elements that need to occur on a timeline. Having resources and access to this information about what needs to get done is important to making future s2k days happen.

Finally, we all need to recognize that as a vollenteer organization we all have to step up and help. Hosting s2k days is intimidating . For the event I hosted, I was saved by people who answered the call for help. Now l look for ways to help. It will not always be perfect. Yes I got. Lost as a drive leader, I was not driving the right kind of car , but nobody got mad at me, we made adjustments and kept going. We need more teams of people willing to host s2k days and we need to find ways to reduce the stress of hosting s2k days for future s2kdays to happen.
                      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
                      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
                      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Working...
                      X