Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule of the BOD meetings will be the 4th Sunday of the Even numbered months (unless otherwise noted)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule of the BOD meetings will be the 4th Sunday of the Even numbered months (unless otherwise noted)

Moving forward, the Board of Directors meetings will be held on the fourth Sunday of the even numbered months. Alternatively, on months when there are major conflicts (like perhaps December), then the meetings will be held on the third Sunday of the month.

As always, all members are encouraged to communicate whatever they wish to see addressed at any time, but it's even moreso encouraged in the weeks immediately preceding the scheduled meetings. This club belongs to all of us and we all should have input as to how it is run. If you have ideas on how to help the club, please bring them up!

So, for 2018, this is the anticipated meeting schedule:

February 25 (complete)
    April 22 (complete)
    June 24 (complete)
    August 26
    October 28
    December 23 (likely to be rescheduled to December 16)
    Last edited by R.Murphy; 08-21-2018, 06:44 PM.
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

My God, it's August! Where has the time flown?

We have another Board meeting coming up, so please post if there are things you would like the Board to address. This is your club. You have a say.
    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Its August. Can we have free ice cream?

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
      2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
      Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Sorry. Free ice cream day was July 15. You missed it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...-15/770230002/

You wouldn't want it anyway. It isn't Blue Bell.
        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Oh well. I'll have to mark my calendar next year and head up the road to Brenham to see if they can hook a brutha up.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

I opened an account with Corporate Casuals and was able to order a shirt with the S2KCA logo embroidered. I wonder if any other products can be decorated with the same logo?

I'm also interested to see if the S2KDays 2018 logo art work could be available for embroidery work on shirts, jacket, hats, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
              I opened an account with Corporate Casuals and was able to order a shirt with the S2KCA logo embroidered. I wonder if any other products can be decorated with the same logo?

I'm also interested to see if the S2KDays 2018 logo art work could be available for embroidery work on shirts, jacket, hats, etc.?
              AZS2KDancer, you can have virtually anything on the corporate casuals site embroidered with our logo. As for using other vendors, that would need to be approved by the board of directors, since we don’t want to have our brand identity used improperly.
              S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
              | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Thanks for the information. I was asking to see what other "bling" might be available with our club logo. I don't know what new members are getting in their welcome bags, yet if there are club logo items available, I would be interested in buying some, possibly. I was also asking if the S2KDay 2018 logo for the Southern California Days could be embroidered by Corporate Casuals. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Comment

When I asked Corporate Casuals to look up the artwork for the club so that I could buy another shirt, they created the account. I didn't ask for it, yet they did it for me. I can now order any Corporate Casual item with the S2KCA logo. If that can help anyone else, I'm glad to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by AZS2KDancer View Post
                    Thanks for the information. I was asking to see what other "bling" might be available with our club logo. I don't know what new members are getting in their welcome bags, yet if there are club logo items available, I would be interested in buying some, possibly. I was also asking if the S2KDay 2018 logo for the Southern California Days could be embroidered by Corporate Casuals. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
                    With regard to what items the Club has and if they can be sold, this is on the Board of Director's agenda for this month's meeting. We are a registered non-profit so we have to make sure we are aware of any rules governing the "selling" of items, and then determine how to go about the process with the least amount of negative impact on the people tasked with making it happen. Look for updates in our next BOD Meeting minutes (which will not take 1.5 months to post after this meeting).

With regard to the S2KDays SoCal logo, as I understand it, there is a fee to have a logo processed for Corporate Casuals to use. I do not know what that fee is. I'm sure we can find out though, and then determine if enough items will sell which will offset the costs of having the logo set up for embroidery.

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Thanks, Roseanne. I'll keep an eye out. The So Cal logo is beautiful and I would love to have it on a polo or twill shirt in my collection.

Comment

I'm sure Jason will be pleased to hear that his work is appreciated.

I personally would like to see something made which has all of the logos through the years on it. I believe it would hold a special meaning to a lot of people here. I also think it would make an excellent "sustaining members" incentive item -- just like public radio or TV does when they hold a membership drive ("donate now and get this <insert cool branded item here> for supporting your local station.") It was pointed out to me in June that Lifetime Members may want a way to contribute other than just the initial membership which they purchased back in the day. Presently, we really don't have an advertised program to support that. So it's something that perhaps is a worthwhile avenue to pursue. Don't know. Have to have conversations about it and decide what is feasible.
                        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-pr...s/social-clubs
                          Coop
                          Life Member 57
                          KE0BND
                          What other people think of me, is none of my business
                          It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Awesome link. Appears to indicate that we can "sell" as much as we want to our own Club members. So long as someone is a member, they can buy as much Club stuff as they want.

I put "sell" in quotes because we aren't in this to sell and make a profit that goes into anyone's pocket. We would be using the "profit" to cover the Club expenses and to create valuable opportunities and events for members. Which is precisely why the Club exists.
                            -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Working...
                            X