No announcement yet.

Canada, How far north can you drive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if we add electric brakes , air ride in truck adjustable suspension , self balancing gyros , areo pacackage and paint it red we can manage to make totally unreliable and perfectly useless.
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
      I think if we add electric brakes , air ride in truck adjustable suspension , self balancing gyros , areo pacackage and paint it red we can manage to make totally unreliable and perfectly useless.
      Brother with your bank account and ideas and Curt doing the work, I would say let’s go for it, expect that RED thing
      Coop
      Life Member 57
      KE0BND
      What other people think of me, is none of my business
      It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post

Brother with your bank account and ideas and Curt doing the work, I would say let’s go for it, expect that RED thing
        You would also need to paint the truck red and add a turbo, Perhaps some additional modifications to make sure it is equally perfect and useless.
        2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

I would also like to add a canister of mosquito spray that can fog a large campsite.

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post

You would also need to paint the truck red and add a turbo, Perhaps some additional modifications to make sure it is equally perfect and useless.
            that would be hard, I think it will be for sale in a 2-3 years
            Coop
            Life Member 57
            KE0BND

Comment

What, you just got it! Do I have to wait two year to learn about you new truck?

Comment

The problem is, the GX is not what I thought it would be. Yes, you have to wait, because I have to wait. I am waiting to see what comes out and how other manufacturers react, like the new Ford Ranger is coming out next year with a 10 speed transmission, so what will Toyota and Chevy do. Also now that Chevy has a diesel in the Colorado, with Toyota and Ford follow. Plus 2-4 years lets me save up some cash. What type of fuel mileage can I expect in 2-4 years?
                Coop
                Life Member 57
                KE0BND

Comment

Coop, and my apologies to your other half, she will understand, I am so in love with you! Your adventures are amazeballs. I am currently in talks with one of my friends about going to the Arctic Circle for an extended period of time. He travels the world extensively, so I feel pretty confident about his ability to plan and execute this trip (one of his travel mates is also a type 1 diabetic, so I'm pretty comfortable there as well). I would love to hear about what you loved, and what you would skip. We will not be driving up. We have a year to plan. Glorious! A red trailer. HA! Slow AND broken. Heheheheheheheheheeeee.
                  This Too Shall Pass

If it has tires or testicles, it is going to give you trouble.

Comment

well you have to drive up, the closes town is Eagle Plains in Canada and Coldfoot in Alaska, their airports are only for small planes and I dont think there are rental cars there. Closes airports with schedule service would Dawson City in Canada and Fairbanks in Alaska. As far as I know, all rental car companies in Alaska will not let you take them up the Dalton highway, you could without them knowing, but if something should happen, that would be a costly risk. I dont know if there is anything in Dawson City. The Dalton Highway (Alaska) is paved a lot of the way now, the Dempster (Canada) is dirt and rocks and mud and holes and I dont recommend a car on that road. we did meet an older lady with a couple friends (75+) in a Toyota car (not sure which one, dont remember), and she hit a rock and was slow leaking oil, the oil light was on, but it was full of oil still, she drove it the 10-15miles back in Inuvik.

If I was skip part of it, its part of the lower Alaskan Highway, almost like driving through Kansas, but as far as I know, you can't skip it, its the only road going up there.

If you do the Canadian Arctic Circle, then do the extra 10-14 hours, could be more with the ferries and road conditions or so round trip and go to Tuktoyuktuk
                    Coop
                    Life Member 57
                    KE0BND

Comment

It is a great trip you will enjoy it.

Comment

We rented a small RV in Anchorage and that was a good deal. The limitation of a regular RV is that it only likes paved roads. They also rent Pickup trucks with camper shells they are better for going offroad and provide a little more flexibility.

Most of Alaska is accessible by small planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop View Post
                          The problem is, the GX is not what I thought it would be. Yes, you have to wait, because I have to wait. I am waiting to see what comes out and how other manufacturers react, like the new Ford Ranger is coming out next year with a 10 speed transmission, so what will Toyota and Chevy do. Also now that Chevy has a diesel in the Colorado, with Toyota and Ford follow. Plus 2-4 years lets me save up some cash. What type of fuel mileage can I expect in 2-4 years?
                          I look forward to discussing your experience with the gx when you next visit houston .

Comment

Coop, I found your next truck. This is it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...cid=spartandhp

Comment

Curt and I talked about getting two them, but we couldn’t afford the fuel.
                              Coop
                              Life Member 57
                              KE0BND

Comment

Working...
                              X