S600 Restoration project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s2kbobby View Post

Have you and Mrs Speedracer consider changing your sleeping arrangements? You can always store it in the bed room.
    e9b090d6d29a55c36d87fd9472ee3484.jpg
    I had not considered that option. I will need to see if I can fit it into the bedroom and hang it over the bed.
    2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
    Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
    Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Originally posted by Bipod View Post
      I'm so jelly!! I can't wait to see the finished project!!
      It may be awhile. Perhaps it will make a visit to s2kca days
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Originally posted by speedracer View Post

The running condition is unknown. Ms Speedracer is well trained driving unreliable cars......
        That's the same woman who said she would never drive one of your cars after someone said it was on fire, right? I think she's a heck of a lot smarter than you think.
        -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
        California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
        https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

It may be awhile. Perhaps it will make a visit to s2kca days
          You mean S2KDays 2020, right? Considering the scope of this project, your previous discussions of budget considerations, and your historical precedence with other automotive related projects, seems like 2019 is a bit optimistic.
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

The car came with a service manual in English. I opened the box and began reading. I currently have about 5 service manuals on the Porsche. I keep showing the manuals to the Porsche but so far it has not put its self back together. Apparently cars do not read.

Comment

The car came with a service manual in English. I opened the box and began reading. I currently have about 5 service manuals on the Porsche. I keep showing the manuals to the Porsche but so far it has not put its self back together. Apparently cars do not read.
              Are they in German? That may be the problem.
              2000 AP1 mods: Kraftwerks high boost supercharger kit, Proflow Design throttle body, AP2 transmission, Stage 2 Competition Clutch, KW Variant 3 coilovers, RM strut tower brace, MG Racing X brace, AP2 V1 wheels, AP2 rear wing, Moddiction heat shield, Hella horns, Custom fab cold air box, Ceramic coated exhaust manifold, Fujitsubo Legalis R dual exhaust, custom front splitter, and custom vented OEM hood.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

That's the same woman who said she would never drive one of your cars after someone said it was on fire, right? I think she's a heck of a lot smarter than you think.
                That particular comment was focused on the current s2000. She does not have a strong affection for that car due to its historical performance and reliability issues. Apparently blowing flames out of the tailpipe is not her idea of fun .

Comment

Originally posted by Stuka View Post

Are they in German? That may be the problem.
                  Good point the manuals are all in English. I bet if I had a German manual the car would fix itself. I may also need to give it some beer.

Comment

You mean S2KDays 2020, right? Considering the scope of this project, your previous discussions of budget considerations, and your historical precedence with other automotive related projects, seems like 2019 is a bit optimistic.
                    Not sure about when it will happen. I have plan a where coop comes over and completes the whole car for me. Then there is plan b where I buy lots of beer and get everyone involved. The there is plan c where I do all the work.

Comment

I have plan a where coop comes over and completes the whole car for me. Then there is plan b where I buy lots of beer and get everyone involved. The there is plan c where I do all the work.
                      I think we all know how this is going to play out.
                      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I think we all know how this is going to play out.
                        Yes, we all know I am going to combine plan b and c so I consume lots of beer and nothing gets done on the car.

Comment

Not sure about when it will happen. I have plan a where coop comes over and completes the whole car for me. Then there is plan b where I buy lots of beer and get everyone involved. The there is plan c where I do all the work.
                          so when are you moving up here? Would love to help if I lived in the area still. I have done two cars, so this would be the third.

I see the car getting done around 2021-22, unless you and David put a lot of time into it. My 69 Mustang took about 1.5 years and it was a mild restore and paint. The 73 TR6 took about 2.5 years working on when I had time and had money and could get parts. With the TR6, I did a frame off and repairing the body, engine, transmission, wiring and so much more. I am thinking that getting parts and having time will be your major holdback. With my two cars, there where a lot of parts being made for them, except for a few items, so I had a major advantage over you.
                          Coop
                          Life Member 57
                          KE0BND
                          What other people think of me, is none of my business
                          It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

What are your plans for the resto? Are you going to try to legitimately restore the car back to how it looked in1965? Or at least 1972? Or are you going to put it together and make it drivable? The reason I ask it the latter could probably be done within a year or so. The complete restoration might take 10x longer and 10x more cash.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
                            2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
                            Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

My target is to aim at 1965 and do the best I can do to keep it original. Based on what I know so far this car is not going to meet top requirements for a show car. The body had too many problems to meet top flight status.

Comment

What has worked for me in the past is to build up a group of parts and then spend a few days focused on a specific goal and then take a break to build up more parts and energy to meet the next objective . In the case of the Miata it went from fully disassembled to fully functional in about six months.

Comment

Working...
                                X