Every day is a good day to buy an S2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every day is a good day to buy an S2000

Autoweek article telling others what members of this club already know.

http://autoweek.com/article/classic-...n=awdailydrive
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Hagerty notes there are some issues that you should note: Check any S2000 thoroughly for rust and frame damage.
    Is this a problem up north??? Can't say I've ever seen a rusty S2000.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, S2KCA Windshield Decal,
    Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Any vehicle exposed to salt (salt air, salt water, roads that have been salted) will have rust. Some people daily drive the S2000 in all sorts of weather and environments including snow.

I think they are just stating the obvious that one would about any 18 year old car. Rust (as well as frame damage from accidents) can happen to any vehicle.
      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

When I lived up north, I would store my car during winters because I didn’t want it to rust and fall apart. There were many that drove their cars all winter long. No matter how good cars are made, the rust belt always wins in the long run.

As was me mentioned above, if you buy a used car, you need to do a thorough inspection.
        S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15| Durango, CO - 16
        | Fredericksburg, TX - 17

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

I've never seen a rusty S2000 either. Part of me wants to see a picture of one and part of me doesn't.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
          2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
          Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
            I've never seen a rusty S2000 either. Part of me wants to see a picture of one and part of me doesn't.
            Well, to satisfy the part of you that wants to see a picture of a rusted S2000, I suggest you do a Google image search for "S2000 with rust".

To satisfy the part of you that doesn't, I will refrain from posting those results for you here which I've already looked at and over which I have winced on your behalf. You can thank me later.

-Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Working...
            X