Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road & Track has published another S2000 buyer's guide. What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road & Track has published another S2000 buyer's guide. What do you think?

What do you think? Are their guidelines any good?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-buyers-guide/
    -Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

It is a long video, but there is a lot of solid advice when considering a used S2000. The video covered items that I don’t typically look at when inspecting a used car.
    S2K Days Attendee: Belterra, IN - 07 | Lake George, NY - 08 | San Francisco, CA - 09 | Asheville, NC - 10 | Keystone, SD - 11 | Golden, CO - 12 | Atlanta, GA - 13 | Hood River, OR - 14 | Cumberland Falls, KY - 15 | Durango, CO - 16 | Fredericksburg, TX - 17 | SoCal, CA - 18

Where have you driven your S2000?

Comment

Yeah, it's 40 minutes long, but it's very interesting. He also talks about areas where one can do maintenance which makes the car age better. I liked hearing about the differences from year to year. I noticed he didn't talk a lot about the few mods that were done on the his example car.

All in all, I think it's a *very* good watch.

While watching, I noticed he referenced Rob Robinette's web site. Lots of good information there!
      -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

Since I’m New to the S 2000 it was good to learn about the problem issues like poor oil flow and map sensor issues in the early years and how to correct it. I give it an A for new be’s!

Comment

Originally posted by bobster View Post
          Since I’m New to the S 2000 it was good to learn about the problem issues like poor oil flow and map sensor issues in the early years and how to correct it. I give it an A for new be’s!
          Hi Bob! Did you recently purchase or are you still shopping?
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

I found the one I’ve been looking for in Georgia. The purchase should work out and I will drive to Florida. I am old and struggling with this valuable forum. Hope I’m replying in the correct place.

Comment

I’m in Ellenton near Sarasota how do I go about finding some S2000 enthusiasts ?
              new to the forum and trying to learn how to utilize it.

Comment

Welcome, Bob!

Comment

Thanks great to be here

Comment

I’m in Ellenton near Sarasota how do I go about finding some S2000 enthusiasts ?
                    new to the forum and trying to learn how to utilize it.
                    Well, I'm on the west coast so I don't really know who you are near in Florida that is in our ranks. But the Regional Director for the Southeast is Justin G (@GUTI007) and he may be able to let you know who to get in touch with. Also, it never hurts to check Facebook for locals. S2KCA has a national Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/s2kca# where major club announcements are made. Linked to that national page is a discussion group for the club as well at https://www.facebook.com/groups/S2KCADiscussionGroup. The discussion group is a closed group to which you have to request to be added, but you do not have to be a paid club member to join the discussion group.

There are regional sections of the forum and a variety of other open topic areas which you can peruse (as you have been) and comment on at will. The forum also has a members only section which contains technical discussions and other club-related topics. As an unpaid guest, you are unable to see those parts of this forum. Also, there is an annual event called S2KDays for paid members of the club. It is a mult-day event and each year it has been held in a different location in the country. It's a lot of fun and has been a tradition now with S2KCA for 18 years. And we do have members who have been with the club (and remain active!) for the entire 18 years. Our club Vice President, Fred Eldridge, and his wife Rose Mary have been the longest running and active members with the club. You will not find a more dedicated pair of S2000 lovers than them.

The S2KCA is more like a family than anything else (feel free to think of me as the brash, no-nonsense aunt). Some relationships that are forged here last longer than some people's marriages. We hope you'll join us and share our love of this wonderful car and make a few new friends in the process. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.

P.S. S2KCA is a registered non-profit organization which is run completely by uncompensated volunteers and all proceeds of the club are used to run the club, create events, and provide resources to the members. To my knowledge, we are the only club of this type for this car. Other groups calls themselves clubs, but they aren't registered non-profits. Other forums provide a space for people to post and share info, and those are great, but they are usually run by some for-profit entity. This is the only club that is completely about using the collective power of the group to create community, opportunities, and fun. I guess we are like the Elks club, but without any Elks.
                    -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Well thanks for your time and explanation of everything. I really appreciate it. I did purchase the Honda And I am loving it! Overnight here in Atlanta then on my way to Florida in the morning. Sure hope I can hook up with some enthusiasts because I have a lot to learn. I’m probably going to pursue whatever is the easiest in the way of a club or organization. I would rather have someone beat me with a hammer than trying to figure out how these forms work. Like I have said I’m old and technology impaired. Thanks again for the help God bless you

Comment

Well thanks for your time and explanation of everything. I really appreciate it. I did purchase the Honda And I am loving it!
                        Congratulations!

I’m probably going to pursue whatever is the easiest in the way of a club or organization. I would rather have someone beat me with a hammer than trying to figure out how these forms work. Like I have said I’m old and technology impaired. Thanks again for the help God bless you
                        The average age of our members is probably older than you might expect. I'm 50 and I'm considered a youngster in the group, for some reason. Maybe I just have a lot of youthful exuberance.

Anyway, thanks for the blessing. Always happy to get a few extra points with the Creator. She's a busy gal.
                        -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Originally posted by R.Murphy View Post

Congratulations!

The average age of our members is probably older than you might expect. I'm 50 and I'm considered a youngster in the group, for some reason. Maybe I just have a lot of youthful exuberance.

Anyway, thanks for the blessing. Always happy to get a few extra points with the Creator. She's a busy gal.
                          And she is just a kid to some of us. Ages in the 60's and 70's is not at all on common if not the norm in some places!
                          David...aka 'Scooots'

'09 S2K Chicane Silver Metallic #41
                          '06 S2K Laguna Blue Pearl #952 - Gone
                          '08 Civic SI Nighthawk Black Pearl - Gone
                          '11 Ford Ranger Sport
                          '55 Vespa 'Fender Light'
                          '57 Allstate (Vespa) 'Handle Bar'
                          '58 AllState (Vespa) 'Large Body'

Comment

Working...
                          X