Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumball

Screenshot_20180811-193510_YouTube.jpg

Well, maybe not quite Gumball, but it was quite the comedy of errors. And we got trophies.

Santa Monica Sports Car Club is scca sanctioned and they do some amusing rallies in SoCal. I've been wanting to do one awhile and I was very fortunate that Jason was available last minute to help me make that happen. We did surprisingly well and I'm sure it was all due to his navigational prowess (or luck... one or the other). We won our category.

I'm pretty sure this is the first trophy I've ever gotten in a car "competition." And it's kind of sweet that the trophies are recycled. The previous owner passed away and donated his many trophies from over the years to be used. So these are twice loved.

20180811_154334.jpg

20180811_154434.jpg

20180811_145312.jpg

-Roseanne

"Wait... r.murphy isn't a dude?"
    California Dreamin'

FOLLOW S2KCA-LA ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/S2KCALA/

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Congratulations. I’ve been looking for activities that that ever since I got my S. That sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

Well done, Roseanne and Jason. Rallies are fun. We participated in a couple of them in England when we were driving our Fiat 124 Spyder. Fred navigated and I drove. Also, we did set up one in the Grand Forks area for our Corvette club once, many moons ago.
      S2K Days Attendee: Asheville, NC 2001 | Austin, TX 2003 | Breckenridge, CO 2004 | Las Vegas, NV 2005 | San Antonio, TX 2006 | Belterra, IN 2007 | Lake George, NY 2008 | San Francisco, CA 2009 | Asheville, NC 2010 | Keystone, SD 2011 | Golden, CO 2012 | Atlanta, GA 2013 | Hood River, OR 2014 | Cumberland Falls, KY 2015 | Durango, CO 2016

Rose Mary
      Casselton, ND

Comment

Roseanne, was your rally on paved roads or unpaved? I just watched a video of a Prescott, AZ rally and it was all on unpaved roads, not roads that I would want to take with the S at higher speeds.

Comment

There are a lot of different kinds of rallies. This was on paved roads. And it's not about high speeds either. This was about reading, comprehending, and following instructions given. You need to complete it in a specific amount of time -- not faster and not slower. The winner is the one who completes the instruction list closest to the prescribed amount of time. Math skills are also helpful.
          -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

"It's one thing to be a garden variety asshole. It's another thing entirely to be an asshole with malice and intent." -Nalé

Comment

That sounds fun.

Comment

Congratulations
              Coop
              Life Member 57
              KE0BND
              What other people think of me, is none of my business
              It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Did another rally last night. We did not win any trophies this time. There were several more people competing in our class and we apparently made a bunch of mistakes in the last leg that had us finish almost 15 minutes late. We have no idea what we did wrong, but the pancakes at IHOP at the end were great.

20180907_195525.jpg

20180907_195506.jpg

20180907_195451.jpg
                -Roseanne

California Dreamin'

Comment

Working...
                X