Dyno Day at MZM Performance Added to Sunday Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day at MZM Performance Added to Sunday Events

I’m happy to announce that we’ve added a dyno day @ MZM Performance to this weekend’s agenda on Sunday. They will be doing dyno runs from 10am until the last car is done for $50 per 3 pulls on their Mustang dyno. In addition, the Sunday clinics previously scheduled to be held at Stingerbtry’s work parking lot will be moved to MZM as well. MZM is also trying to see if they can prepare to attend the vendor expo at this late notice…they’re interested, but are already committed to attend another show on Saturday and are exploring whether they can “divide and conquer” resources for 2 events. I’ve been an MZM customer for about 4 years now, and IMO they’re the best import performance shop in town – they’re my shop of choice for all non-warranty-related work (this dyno day idea came up when I called them to talk about installed a S/C on my S2000).

Check out http://www.mzmperformance.com for directions. Their phone # is 512.837.6200.

Please post here if you’re interested in dynoing your car. MZM is opening their shop just for us on Sunday, so I hope we can get at least 15 cars on the dyno to make it worth their while…otherwise I may have to invite the 350Z guys to join us!
    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
    '08 Ridgeline RTL
    '02 Z06

What clinics are planned for sunday?

Comment

Chris, this will work out much better...it will give us much more flexibilty for doing the clinics, etc.

And as for the clinics, we are planning it to be pretty fast and loose. I think it will turn out to be everyone just going around to everyone else's cars and seeing what they have done to their cars, how other people polish/wax, what types of suspension setups, wheels, blah blah blah. We don't have formal clinics set up, other than making the dyno pulls available. We do need to have a good number of folks who are interested in dyno'ing so if you want to, we can put Chad or Chris in charge of getting those people hooked up.

Sound cool? I think it's a great change...
      "Live for yourself -- there's no one else more worth living for."
      --Rush, 'Anthem' on Fly by Night - 1975

Comment

Sounds good to me. I think someone wanted a clay bar how-to and a few other things so I will bring my stuff with me (Zaino etc.) for anyone that wants to check it out. The guys at MZM seem very nice and knowledgeable and I think that this is a great change to the plan. They are also going to clear a lift for us to use if anyone needs to raise their car to do any work or anything during the clinics. They are going to test the dyno setup with Chris's car and get everything ready so that we can do the 3 pulls for everyone who is interested pretty fast with a quick turnaround time. If anyone else has any suggestions of what you'd like to see there for the clinics just post your ideas and we will try and get everything ready to go for Sunday.

Comment

hey my car is there!

Comment

Originally posted by stingerbtry
            I think someone wanted a clay bar how-to and a few other things so I will bring my stuff with me (Zaino etc.) for anyone that wants to check it out.
            Yes, that was me. And I will gladly volunteer my car as the demo car for the experts to show their detailing skills. :LOL:
            "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
            Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich
              Yes, that was me. And I will gladly volunteer my car as the demo car for the experts to show their detailing skills. :LOL:
              Good deal, I will bring the wash bucket and stuff and all of the things we need.

Comment

Originally posted by s2ksam
                hey my car is there!
                That is one nice car man! I was checking it out today and it's looks like you're in great hands there. Sounds like they are gonna fix you up real nicely with the sleeving etc. Are you gonna be at S2KDays this weekend? I'm sure you can get a ride with someone or something and I'd like more info on the turbo setup too

Comment

Originally posted by stingerbtry
                  Good deal, I will bring the wash bucket and stuff and all of the things we need.
                  Note you cannot leave until the car is 100% done. :hi2:
                  "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
                  Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

ChrisS,

Depending on the time, you can count me in. I need to Dyno my new (14k miles) replacement short block.
                    Last edited by joe_s2k; 10-03-2003, 08:23 AM.
                    Thanks,
                    Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

I have a set of headlight housings and eyebrows that I'd like to install. Anybody up for that on sunday during "clinic time"?

Comment

Originally posted by munckee
                        I have a set of headlight housings and eyebrows that I'd like to install. Anybody up for that on sunday during "clinic time"?
                        Sounds good man. The more things we have the merrier.

Comment

ill be there to meet some of ya dunno how long i can stay though

Comment

guys just wanted to thanx for the invite to the dyno today. had a blast, other than the possibilty that i could have been maimed by a disharged nail from a tire be on the lookout.........i have made a proposition to my g/f to get her an s2k if she'll work for me. happy trails and ill see you guys around........

Rick

oh and chris............

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick
                              guys just wanted to thanx for the invite to the dyno today. had a blast, other than the possibilty that i could have been maimed by a disharged nail from a tire be on the lookout.........i have made a proposition to my g/f to get her an s2k if she'll work for me. happy trails and ill see you guys around........

Rick

oh and chris............
                              Thanks for coming out with us and it was nice meeting you. Sorry I didn't get your dyno run on tape, I was busy helping Munkee tear his car apart

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick

Rick

oh and chris............
                                You're that guy from the "school down the street". :lol4: So how did the dyno go? I'm curious.

It was nice meeting you, and don't forget to put some "TUSSIN" in your tank before the next dyno. At least 5 extra horsepower, guaranteed!

See you around the board(s).....
                                Joe
                                Thanks,
                                Joe

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Comment

Originally posted by joe_s2k
                                  You're that guy from the "school down the street". :lol4: So how did the dyno go? I'm curious.

It was nice meeting you, and don't forget to put some "TUSSIN" in your tank before the next dyno. At least 5 extra horsepower, guaranteed!

See you around the board(s).....
                                  Joe
                                  that chris rock special was just on.......where's my big piece of chicken? glad you got your camera. i asked chris if you had gone or where coming back, because it was just siting there. the dyno went pretty well. damn well if the numbers are to be believed. the highest that i have seen for a stock G. ill post the sheet. hope to see you around. mahalo..........

Doc

Comment

Good numbers, Rick...it's amazing how much extra HP you get out of an extra 1.5L!
                                    Chris

'13 Civic Si sedan
                                    '08 Ridgeline RTL
                                    '02 Z06

Comment

Nice dyno numbers. That does seem to be the upper end of the scale for G35's as well as 350z's. Of course this is all by word of mouth.... It's not like I'm on any G35 forums or anything :LOL:

Comment

Rick,

Glad I wasn't around to be further embarassed by your numbers. Had a tough time getting 212 with the air induction. Nice meeting you and great car.

Pete (other red)

Comment

Working...
                                        X