Million Dollar Highway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million Dollar Highway

The highlight of the event was leading a drive on this highway. Glad it wasn't snowing, though! (Click on the pic)
    The most perilous road in America gets 300 inches of snow a year, features 70 named avalanche paths, and has almost no guardrails. Who would be crazy enough to keep Colorado’s infamous Highway 550 clear in winter? Leath Tonino hopped into the cab of a Mack snowplow truck to find out.
    Gene

2001 Silverstone/Black S2000 ~ 134,000 miles
    2005 Berlina Black/Onyx NSX ~ 37,000 miles

Thanks, nice story. I still remember my first trip on that road back the late 60s and the aw of that beautiful road every time I drive it.

on a side note, so far this season, they have not been working, because we have no snow
    Coop
    Life Member 57
    KE0BND
    What other people think of me, is none of my business
    It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

That is part of the San Juan Skyway - look that one up. We drove it in our Morgan some years back. It was beautiful but, with the Morgan being carbureted (sp?), it would die every time we had to come to a stop at VERY high altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by tukatz View Post
        That is part of the San Juan Skyway - look that one up. We drove it in our Morgan some years back. It was beautiful but, with the Morgan being carbureted (sp?), it would die every time we had to come to a stop at VERY high altitude.
        need some minor adjustment on those SUs
        Coop
        Life Member 57
        KE0BND
        What other people think of me, is none of my business
        It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Working...
        X