No announcement yet.

Laguna Seca Thurs Nov 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad, the novice group does still have some slots open. All run groups do, actually.

Comment

Okay, here’s where we are now… the event is about 2/3 full, and we have the following spots still open:

Adv: 8 open spots remaining
      Int-1: 8
      Int-2: 5
      Novice: 6

The hotel discount will be at the Mariposa Inn in Monterey. Call 1-800-824-2295 and tell them you’re with the “Leadfoot” group. They have 6 rooms available at $59, 11 at $69, 7 at $79, and more. It’s a pretty nice place, and it’s only a couple miles from the track.

Comment

I did not go over the website in detail.. is the $285 per car or person? I may have my son convinced to bring his C6 out to play if I fly out to the west coast to join him. Both of us have some track time but none at LS and we will be on street tires so what spot do we go for? I suspect Novice will have slow traffic so will Int-2 be the right choice?

Comment

Originally posted by cdelena
          I did not go over the website in detail.. is the $285 per car or person? I may have my son convinced to bring his C6 out to play if I fly out to the west coast to join him. Both of us have some track time but none at LS and we will be on street tires so what spot do we go for? I suspect Novice will have slow traffic so will Int-2 be the right choice?
          The $285 is per run group, so if you two alternate who drives in each of your 5 scheduled sessions then there's just one $285 charge. If you each want a run group of your own, like him in low-int and you in high-intermediate, then each of you would pay $285. As long as your son has 4 or more track days of experience then we'll allow him into our low-intermediate class.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymaker
            The $285 is per run group, so if you two alternate who drives in each of your 5 scheduled sessions then there's just one $285 charge. If you each want a run group of your own, like him in low-int and you in high-intermediate, then each of you would pay $285. As long as your son has 4 or more track days of experience then we'll allow him into our low-intermediate class.
            That is a great deal and could work well for us but right now he has not cleared his work schedule.. If we make it at all it will be a last minute scramble for us to get registered and me to get a flight.

Comment

The event is approaching capacity now, but there's still a little room. A few drivers have yet to pay up so waitlisted drivers will have a decent shot to get in. Here's what's still open:

Adv: 7 open spots remaining
              Int-1: 6
              Int-2: 3
              Novice: 1
              Last edited by monkeymaker; 10-22-2006, 12:43 PM.

Comment

The novice run group is now completely full. Any novice drivers who wish to attend are welcome to register, but please do not pay because you will be put on a waiting list pending a spot opening up for you. Novice drivers are those who have 3 or fewer track events of experience.

Comment

As of right now we still have room for up to 5 more drivers in both the advanced and high-intermediate run groups. We also still have one spot to fill in the low-intermediate session before that one starts a waitlist like the novice group.

We have more Evo's and Miata's than S2000's this time, so hopefully a few more of the S2KCA clan will be able to make it.

Comment

Good price for Laguna!

Comment

Originally posted by maxrev
                      Good price for Laguna!
                      Plus Leadfoot gives a $10 discount to S2KCA members. Do just four of their track days in a year and you've paid for the membership in the Club.
                      Davo

The older I get, the faster I was

'02 Sebring Silver
                      '07 VW Touareg V6
                      '70 Volvo 1800E

Comment

Okay late birds, if you can break free for a fun time on track this Thursday, we do still have a couple spots open in both the Advanced and High-Intermediate run groups.

Comment

So, who else is driving up from the greater LA/SoCal area tomorrow?

I am kicking off work about noon and am planning on hitting the road shortly after that. Google says it is about a 6 hour drive from my house, and I would like to arrive fairly early to be well rested before Thursday. However, I am willing to bend my plans a little to make it a group drive.

John
                          JW
                          Cannondale Six13
                          LOOK KG 381
                          Klien Quantum Race

Comment

Jen and I are leaving at 10 AM and hoping getting through LA won't be too bad.

Comment

That would put you passing my place right about 12:00.
                              JW
                              Cannondale Six13
                              LOOK KG 381
                              Klien Quantum Race

Comment

I hope you guys make good time. The casual g2g at Stokes in Monterey starts at 7pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X