No announcement yet.

(Lone Star- 01/05/08 ) Track Intro & Tech Inspection at Track Time Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Lone Star- 01/05/08 ) Track Intro & Tech Inspection at Track Time Performance

Hey track stars, Curt is having a track introduction and tech inspection day at Track Time Performance/C&C's Northside Motors on Saturday, January 5th. He'll be cooking burgers and doing tech inspections all day, starting at 11am and ending whenever he calls it quits.

Back by popular request is an Introduction to the Track session. This is a great opportunity for the n00bs to ask questions and learn the basics before you get out there with your baby, and a great refresher for those more experienced and think they know it all. Curt is bringing in instructors from different levels of racing (he has friends in high places too ), so this is going to be a very informative event. This is free for members only, but you can bring anyone who you think will sign up

This is going to be a great time as always, so bring an appetite, your liquid refreshments, and the tech inspection sheet that you printed up from http://www.thedriversedge.net

Track Time Performance
    6815 Theall Rd.
    Houston Tx. 77066
    PH: 832.375.0933
    http://www.tracktimeperformance.com

I need a head count, so who's in?

1. Rocketman
    2. s2kmugen
    3. medicalstudent
    4. Ulrich (maybe)
    5. asnbanker (N)
    6. Matt_337
    7. Ninja
    8. Coop
    9. Ajay +2
    10. ChrisS02
    11. Geo02s2k (N)
    12. Harley's S2K (N)
    13. David W.
    14. txyankee (N)
    15. joe_s2k
    16. uwimage (maybe) (N)
    17. photodavo (maybe) (N)
    18. weneversleep
    19. trackit (Master Mechanic and our illustrious host)
    20. spiderxvpbiking +1
    21. Hastarock 'n Hastaroll
    22. S1997
    23. Scott Howard
    24. tag
    25. Jeff Sanders +1
    26. ryuken
    27. Speedracer (maybe)
    Last edited by Rocketman; 01-03-2008, 11:02 PM.

"It's rocket science but it's well understood rocket science." - Naveen Jain

sigpic
    2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
    Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

I'll come but no one is touching my S!!! inside joke ask curt hahaha

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

If I'm back in town by then I'll probably stop by... All depending on traffic on I-10.
        "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
        Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

I'll swing by and have my refreshments. I'll remember to wash the car this time.

'06 Laguna Blue - Sold

Comment

I want to swing by for a burger

Comment

Updated.

sigpic
              2005 S2000 Silverstone Metallic - Fujita F5, ACT HDSS clutch, Work Emotion XD-9, Cobalt XR3 brake pads, Russell SS brake lines,
              Mugen reservoir socks, Modifry glove box organizer, factory headrest speakers, factory Ti shift knob, S2KCA logo throughout

Comment

in

Comment

I should be there

I also have a CD and some other stuff, that we have used in the past.
                  Coop
                  Life Member 57
                  KE0BND
                  What other people think of me, is none of my business
                  It's Five O' Clock Somewhere

Become an S2KCA member, tell them Coop sent you

Comment

Perhaps I'm totally clueless, but how much $$?

Comment

Originally posted by robertbrite View Post
                      Perhaps I'm totally clueless, but how much $$?
                      Do you mean what is the cost for this event? Free for Lone Star members. The burger and track talk is worth the $12.

Comment

Put me down. Thanks for organizing this Mr. Track.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                            Do you mean what is the cost for this event? Free for Lone Star members. The burger and track talk is worth the $12.
                            I am going to try to make it. I need the inspection anyway and being able to get it done on a weekend is great! The food and company is a bonus!

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Sounds like a good opportunity of a newby. I'm in.

Comment

I'm in. Curt is doing the whole routine, alignment, diff. fluid, brake flush, oild change and tech inspection on mine 12/27. I think I'll be there a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                                  The event is free to S2KCA/Lone Star members since they've already paid the $12 membership. Those of you who haven't paid yet, this would be a good time!

BUT...Curt is thinking about opening this up to all area TDE students, regardless of what they drive, to improve the general safety culture at the track and get more people involved. He's going to talk to Rick about it to see if he will contact the non-S2KCA people in the area who have registered with TDE. Lone Star will charge a nominal fee (~ $5) for those non-members to offset the cost of food and Curt's time, unless they want to join the club.

So, tell your slower track friends (non-S drivers) to head to Track Time Performance on January 5th for a cheap burger, a head full of track information straight from the experts, and a quality tech inspection!

sigpic

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be in vegas

Comment

Originally posted by turboti9er View Post
                                      NO!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be in vegas
                                      plus you still need to join Lone Star

Comment

Count me in... need to learn about tracking an S2K... little different than an old Spitfire!

Comment

Working...
                                        X