(Lone Star) March TWS video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dmitri1979 View Post
    I think that's the delay valve on the slave cylinder you're hearing, Chris. I've had many thoughts of removing it, as many have. It's an AP2 thing.
    Tell me more
    I have been annoyed by serious slipping, just like Chris noted. How do I remove the delay on the slave cylinder?
    hasta

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisS02 View Post
      David sounds like your clutch might be slipping a bit. So do you have the one when the two of us went into turn one and had a nice slide together.
      Yup, got the video. I'm saving that one for last
      hasta

Comment

Originally posted by Hastarock View Post
        Tell me more
        I have been annoyed by serious slipping, just like Chris noted. How do I remove the delay on the slave cylinder?
        The AP2's have a delay valve designed to reduce stress on the differential, prolonging it's life. The result is that the clutch slips quite a bit on hard, fast shifts. Many people have either swapped out the AP2 slave cylinder with the AP1 cylinder, or removed the necessary springs and o-rings to stop the delay effect. Curt knows how to do it.

When I first started tracking, the delay valve caused the clutch to slip so much that it started to get really annoying, but it made me realize that I was banging the hell out of my tranny. I now consciously shift a bit slower, but since being nice and smooth is the name of the game, I now have no complaints, plus I know my tranny is a lot happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Hastarock View Post
          Here are a couple of fancy spins I promised to show

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d6Ul33vr9-Y
          Your spin had style, it made mine look weak and pathetic
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X