No announcement yet.

Let's be serious about roll bars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also just don't like the look of a padded roll bar on a street car.

Comment

• When I was designing a bar Looking at the rules one would think that the designs offered by www.bethania-garage.com were correct.

I sent multiple designs to the SCCA tech office and my local inspector and they said no way would I receive my tech sticker on any of the designs that are similar to the bethania styles.

No "A" style diagonals in the main hoop.
      The diagonal must be at least single diagonal that is welded all the way over to the center of the bend behind the drivers head and then to the lowest point on the passengers side.

Comment

• The real track padding makes it look fast.

Originally posted by award78 View Post
        I also just don't like the look of a padded roll bar on a street car.

Comment

• I am about 6 foot tall but have short legs. This means I sit fairly high. The cops and the neuro-surgeon all told me I should never have survived this wreck.

As you can see the rear hoop bent foreward and the windshield collapsed.

I need a functional bar that still allows the top to be used. What is best? I do not track the car.

Thanks,

Griff

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits."

Albert Einstein

Comment

• If you dont mind me asking how did you roll that NFR

Back Home

Comment

• Originally posted by Slambo View Post
              If you dont mind me asking how did you roll that NFR
              Hit a deer on a curve on the day I got home from S2k days '05 in 'Vegas.

No shoulder or guard rail and I hit a culvert and flipped the car and rolled it down a bank in a picked soybean field. It was very dry that year and that clay was almost as hard as concrete.

Broke the second vertebra in my neck into four separate pieces.

Albert Einstein

Comment

• OUCH......sounds bad. Hopefully no permanent damage.

If I were you I'd buy a coupe. But if you must, a lot of track guys use hard dog for bolt in bars. Just pad it well. If your that tall there's probably a good chance you would hit your head in a minor accident.

Comment

• I really like my Bitterman Bar. it can be installed without destroying the car and could be removed with no damage. Its also higher than some others. They are rare and hard to find.
                  There was a lot of discussion on the controversial design, but when a Nascar driver looked it over and told me how over-built it was it made me feel good.

Originally posted by griffon View Post
                  I am about 6 foot tall but have short legs. This means I sit fairly high. The cops and the neuro-surgeon all told me I should never have survived this wreck.

As you can see the rear hoop bent foreward and the windshield collapsed.

I need a functional bar that still allows the top to be used. What is best? I do not track the car.

Thanks,

Griff

Comment

• Hit a deer on a curve on the day I got home from S2k days '05 in 'Vegas.

No shoulder or guard rail and I hit a culvert and flipped the car and rolled it down a bank in a picked soybean field. It was very dry that year and that clay was almost as hard as concrete.

Broke the second vertebra in my neck into four separate pieces.
                    That's painful to look at. I'm glad you lived to tell about it!
                    hasta

Comment

• Originally posted by Hastarock View Post
                      That's painful to look at. I'm glad you lived to tell about it!
                      It certainly changes your outlook on life too.

After I finally got over most of the pain, which took a couple years, I realized how fortunate I really am.

I never waste a day now. I enjoy each and every one.

Albert Einstein

Comment

• Thanks for the advice on the bars.

Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mugenrios2k....what happened to staticxmotorsports? I was going to buy that rollbar of yours!

Comment

• The building that they were in was owned by SXM owners 's father so there was no rent.

His father needed the space to expand the street sweeper business production line.
                            SO SXM got kicked out of the free rent building.

So SXM shut their doors and the SXM employees now work for the sweeper business.

Can you say 1600hp sweeper truck lol

I do have one bar sitting in storage. If you want it.

Shoot me a pm if you are interested

Comment

Working...
                            X