Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laguna Seca - March 14th '05... Let's Go!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laguna Seca - March 14th '05... Let's Go!!!

***Updated 3/2/05***

THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!!!

Please contact Doug at the TrackMasters website if you'd like to be put on the waiting list to register for this event in the case anyone backs out.

************************************************** *******************************

Visit http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/h...5-05_lsir.html right away to get registered and submit your payment. This event will sell out very quickly, so don't lag!!!

It's better to be lucky than good! We just scored a track day at Laguna Seca, scheduled for Monday, March 14th of this year! Seems someone had to cancel that day so I guess their loss is our gain. We'll take it!!! I'm also happy to announce that TrackMasters Racing (TMR) will handle all the dirty-work for us.... instructors, classroom sessions, food, event management, t-shirts, etc. They do a fantastic job.

This event will sell out, so I'm going to have Doug at TMR reserve a number of slots for S2KCA members, but when they're gone, they're gone! Please check this thread from time to time this week, as more details will be released soon. Here's the pricing:

$250 for S2KCA members ($295 for non-members) Hurry! All registrations will cost $315 after March 1st!!!
    Price includes a nice lunch and a long-sleeve event t-shirt.

We'll be running 4 run groups of about 20 cars each:
    Novice
    Low Intermediate
    High Intermediate
    Advanced

Novice (and some of the low-intermediate) drivers will have access to instructors. More info will be posted at the TMR website within a day or two, so stay tuned here!

Don't miss this chance to drive at one of the most storied racetracks on earth, because it might just be your only chance for quite a while! And if you know anyone who owns an S2000 but isn't in the club yet, this is a great time to tell them all about it!

*** FINAL ROSTER ***

Novice:
    1. danielford
    2. John H. from Fresno
    3. salsa
    4. s2kcraig
    5. amackieart
    6. agentmulli
    7. yellow2k
    8. dinahpi
    9. Steve D. from Ventura
    10. ronzoni1001

Low Intermediate:
    1. eandrade
    2. larmoe
    3. Glider Guider
    4. pharoah

High Intermediate:
    1. dclark
    2. S2WOOOW
    3. bluescreen

Advanced:
    1. monkeymaker
    Last edited by monkeymaker; 03-12-2005, 12:17 PM. Reason: final roster added

S2KCA - The S2000 Club of America

Comment

Two days to get there, two days at the track, three days to get back... As much as I'd like to, my vacation time this year is limited due to some family obligations later this summer. No can do for me.
      "Blue Oh-Two" (#424)
      Rick's header, Hondata gasket, Mugen thermostat/fan switch, Mugen radiator cap, Aussie mirror, Lucid's rear speakers, Alpine CDA-7893R & KCE-865B, Muz's saddlebag, Windscreen Light, Modifry's glove box organizer and lots of Zaino!

Comment

I am going to do my usual "I can't make it right now" and then decide 2 weeks before if I can swing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vezna31
          I am going to do my usual "I can't make it right now" and then decide 2 weeks before if I can swing it.
          That's okay for a couple people to do, but we're going to run into the same problem as at Infineon if everybody does it.

Comment

I'll be there +1 guest

Hi, I would like to participate. Is this open to anyone? My brother would like to attend also (in his E36 M3). Also, are there rollbar requirements? My car is bone stock (I so have an SA2000 helmet though).

Comment

Hi Ernesto... welcome to the club forums!!!

As an S2KCA member you're certain to be able to participate if your money's green. Your brother will be able to as well. The pricing for members and non-members will likely be a little different though, as we try to give discounts to S2KCA members whenever possible.

Comment

Are we looking at both dates, or just one? I'm 90% sure I can make it.

Comment

Probably Monday only, but we'll see...

Comment

I'd like to do at least one day, say Monday. However, I'm going out of town March 17 or 18th so it's tight for me. I can't do both days on a weekday. Sorry, but I'll sign up for one - Monday.

Thanks, Perry.

Dinah

Comment

Laguna Seca March 14-15 anyone?!!

I can do either day. I am assuming no special rollbars or hardtop are required (just the stock hoops). Yep, stock roll hoops are good enough.

I just got off the phone with Doug of TMR. Looks real good for Monday... we think we can sell this event out!! Pricing and other details will be announced by the end of the week, so stay tuned!

First thing in the morning I'll tell Judy at Laguna that we'll take the Monday March 14th date but let the 15th go.
                      Last edited by monkeymaker; 02-01-2005, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Monday will do just fine!

Comment

Awesome! I'm requesting the time off now!

Comment

IT'S ON!!!!!

I just spoke with Judy again, and we're locked in!! Monday, March 14th is the date, TMR is the crew that will run the show for us, and your presence is requested!

We let the Tuesday date fly away so we can focus on selling this event out. Stay tuned for pricing info, registration details, etc., as we'll get that ready this week, possibly as soon as tonight. There will be a healthy discount for S2KCA members!

Comment

Perry, you just made my day!

Comment

Wow - Great news!

Let's get the word out on this now!
                                Deleted signature for the safety of my cars.....

Please note that my posts are not personal attacks - they are my observations/opinions - your opinions may vary.

Comment

I'm in. Sorry I missed WWT.

I was going to do a drive day at Homestead on 3-9, but this is more inviting.
                                  S2KLA/Central Coast Cruisers

Comment

Laguna

Perry,

I'd love to go, don't want to let you beat my track time at my home course!

Unfortunately, I would only be able to do Tuesday as I have a big Chef's award function on Sunday night (read liquor).

Let me know.

Claus

Comment

Originally posted by MadDane
                                      Perry,

I'd love to go, don't want to let you beat my track time at my home course!

Unfortunately, I would only be able to do Tuesday as I have a big Chef's award function on Sunday night (read liquor).
                                      Crap! Get out of it Claus.... we gotta go head-to-head out there bro!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymaker
                                        Hi Ernesto... welcome to the club forums!!!

As an S2KCA member you're certain to be able to participate if your money's green.
                                        Hey Perry! My money is Philadelphia Eagle green and I'm spending it on Laguna Seca March 14th. See ya' there buddy

Why the Eagles will win Super Bowl XXXIX

Comment

Working...
                                        X