Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Motor Sport Ranch March 12 & 13.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedracer View Post
    Miata is not even close to an s2000. However they are super cheap to run at the track . I love being at the track. Driving as fast as I want to. Throwing the car into corners at insane speeds and hanging on to the edge as I slide out to the very edge of the track. Hunting down high horsepower cars and then having them give you a pass. It’s is all extremely addictive.
    It does sound intoxicating. Maybe someday my finances will support such a hobby on an ongoing basis.

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

Originally posted by Geo02s2k View Post

It does sound intoxicating. Maybe someday my finances will support such a hobby on an ongoing basis.
      Going to the track is less of a hobby and more of an addiction.
      2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,
      Custom Brake Vents, Custom Mod to Stock Seat, Backyard Special Low Mount Seat
      Rail from Bulletproof Automotive Koyo Radiator, Oil Cooler

Comment

Going to the track is less of a hobby and more of an addiction.
        Can we agree on "addictive hobby"?

02 Sebring Silver: Fujita F5 CAI, Modifry Dash Mounting Plate, XM Radio, Modifry Camera Mount, Keyhole Covers

Comment

These are the characteristics. First it drains all of the money out of your bank account and you do not care because it is all you can think about. Second, if you stop you suffer extreme withdrawal symptoms. Third all of your old friends leave you and all of your new friends do it. Fourth When you are there all of your other problems seem far away and when you leave all of your other problems come rushing back. Fifth you find yourself roaming around looking for used race parts used race tires that have a little more tread left. Sixth your wife has formed an intervention group of close friends to suggest that you simply stop going to the track.
          2000 NFR - Tein in car adjustable coilovers, 2.2 liter bottom end, Hardtop, K-Pro Custom Roll Bar,

Comment

Additionally. You are in denial you have a track problem. You wander around aimlessly looking forward to you next track day. You hide your race car from friends and neighbors. You never do a realistic accounting of the true cost of going to the race track .

Comment

So yes. There is no addiction. It’s just a hobby.

Comment

So yes. There is no addiction. It’s just a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                X