• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $230 track day at Carolina Motorsports Park

March 15-16th 2014

Located in Kershaw, SC

Carolinamotorsportspark.com

They have 3+ groups. Novice (with instructor), solo (without instructor, prior experience required or a racing license), also a group for race-prepared cars only called Super-Solo.

With Turn 1 Motorsports

They DO allow S2000's with stock roll-hoops, but you have to run with the convertible top up (but of course they prefer a roll bar).

$10/day for a helmet rental (if needed) with a $100 deposit refunded when you give the helmet back. Make sure your helmet is SA2005 or better because I think there is a stipulation to that for Turn 1 if you bring your own helmet.

Great 13-14 turn track (depending on the configuration). Faster back section and a tighter front section. No real long straightaway, but you can still easily hit 120+ just before the 'kink'.

All forms can be found on the website, see the far right side for a link to 'important forms'.

You will have to get your car inspected by a mechanic, or you can do it yourself, before the event. There is a gas station at the entrance to the track, but that's the only one within 15-20 miles of the track. There is also nowhere to eat within 20 miles of the track. They usually open the concession area and have hamburgers and hotdogs, but don't count on it. A few shade trees in the paddock, paved roads, but grass parking areas. Garages are available for rent, I think they are $55/day. A few places to hook up to power, etc. throughout the paddock. Kart track right beside the paddock and they rent the karts on the weekends ($20/session to rent a kart).
    There are two good viewing spots (large man-made grass hills with shade), one is right next to pit road, where you can see the whole front part of the track (The kink (T-10) through T-1), the other is between T-1 and T-3, where you can see the turn 1-2-3 complex (best viewing spot, and the cars are closer to you).

Very fun track. CRMC will be there in Oct, unfortunately I can only afford 1 track day this year and this is too close to my wedding day to attend

Comment

Any VIR S2000 track days?
      Thanks

Comment

You got a rollbar? They are having charity laps @ VIR March 28th though

Comment

Working...
        X